Extra Checkbox

Saumier

Using Joomla 2.5.2, Fabrik 3.0.4, github 3.0.4 159 downloaded 18 Mar 2012.

I have a Fabrik table joined to Joomla users core table. The Fabrik table was created with phpMyAdmin/SQL, so it is an existing table before it is ever accessed in the front end. The Fabrik table has a checkbox element with 12 choices (checkboxes), which is blank to start with. The first time the Fabrik table is accessed on the front end, it shows the 12 check boxes and a 13th checkbox with no description, that is checked. If I don't click on any check box and submit the form, looking at the checkbox element in phpmyAdmin, I have this: [""] . Now anytime I bring up this form on the front end, I have that nasty 13th blank checkbox. If I click on any number of checkboxes, they are shown correctly anytime I bring up the form, but that 13th checkbox is still there.

I would guess that your pre-existing table had some data in it which doesn't match with the options you set up for the checkbox?
If so edit those records and set them to the desired value, I think that should remove the additional checkbox

This may get long-winded, but I'll try to explain what's going on.
I have a fab_profile that is joined to jos_users. That works fine. I have several fields in the fab_profile, some of which are populated with data from the old database by a SQL script. The checkbox element in question is not populated in this SQL script, and is set to default NULL in the database. I have a Fabrik form to update the profile table. The first time I call up that form, the checkbox element shows my 12 checkboxes and that ^5$(*@ 13th checkbox. Before I save that first profile update, I look at the element in phpmyAdmin and the element is empty. If I do not check any of my 12 checkboxes and save the profile update, I have this [""] in the checkbox element. And from then on, when I look at the profile in the Fabrik form, that causes the 13th checkbox to show.

Fabrik is a great product, and you guys are so close to a perfect product. But I think this is a "bug" in that the checkbox plug-in (my guess) inserts that blank checkbox when the form is called the first time and the element is NULL or just empty.

I haven't really delved into this, but I think the radio button does the same thing.

I can't see this behaviour in a list/DB table created with fabrik.

What is the MySQL data type of your checkbox column?

The checkbox element in question is not populated in this SQL script, and is set to default NULL in the database
simply set it to
[""]
in your sql script
this should resolve the issue

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back