Fabric folder too big

ntinos

My fabric folder is too big in Mb's almost 28mb's in components/fabric folder

I have a lot of time to use this form component and i dont want to lose my clients form but 28mb's are a lot of space for a simple form ...

What can i do to fix that ? and keep the form as i have made it ?

Thanks

Do you mean the components/com_fabrik folder is 28 Mb ?
Except if you are on a very tight hosting plan, this is not a problem and has nothing to do with the weight of the web page where your form is.
Now, if the PAGE is 28 Mb, there is problem. Do you have an URL where we could look at this page ?

Hi,
my complete fabrik folder is about 18 MB (size on disk), but this is the export from SVN including all possible files, plugins...

If you take a nightlies the folder (uncompressed) is about 6MB.

And with fabrik you can do a lot more than just "simple forms".

Hi,
my complete fabrik folder is about 18 MB (size on disk), but this is the export from SVN including all possible files, plugins...

If you take a nightlies the folder (uncompressed) is about 6MB.

And with fabrik you can do a lot more than just "simple forms".

Just help me to delete some unused files and folders in order to free up some mb's
My form is a typical contact form with only addition the captcha.

I was wondering if i can delete the files under this folder
components\com_fabrik\js\archive
i have some .cache files

Thanks

I would not go and delete some files because fabrik is an extremely complex extension and you never know what will be used. Furthermore, you will have to redo that each time you upgrade Fabrik.
As Troester said, you can do more than "simple form" with fabrik. If it is the only thing you need, you may consider using another (simpler) extension.

I would try (I didn't test it):
Create a copy of your site (Files and DB, with Akeeba for example), open and re-save the fabrik connection,
test on this copy:

rename the folder components/com_fabrik
install a fabrik nightly
install the captcha plugin
test if all is ok
delete the renamed folder

if this is ok, be sure to keep a backup of your site and replicate those steps.

To keep your fabrik folder small you have to update fabrik with nightlies only, not with SVN.

1. I'm just realising this is a Fabrik 1.0-forum, are you running 1.0?
2. make sure to save any files you have created (templates, js...) before deleting.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back