Fabrik google chart not working and showing php error

Joppo2

I just started to experiment with fabrik google chart visualisation, for which I also looked at http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/google-chart-visualization/.

Unfortenately my simple vertical barchart containing 2 data values is not working; the bar chart activated by a main menu item is showing only 1 value, and also a php error appears - see attachment 2.

What I did:
1- created a list with two (additional) table fields of type 'calc' (settings for one calc element in attachment 1); both fields return a integer value.
2. created a google chart visualisation with a vertical barchart, and added two the table fields to the data section, see attachment 3
3. linked the google chart to a main menu item on the frontpage.

Not sure why I only see 1 barchart value instead of 2 and why the php errror appears?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-06-17 at 17.30.52.png
    Screen Shot 2014-06-17 at 17.30.52.png
    56 KB · Views: 337
  • Screen Shot 2014-06-17 at 17.39.54.png
    Screen Shot 2014-06-17 at 17.39.54.png
    35 KB · Views: 230
  • Screen Shot 2014-06-18 at 13.04.57.png
    Screen Shot 2014-06-18 at 13.04.57.png
    39.9 KB · Views: 221
Hi, just wondering whether anybody had a chance to look at my question? (I mentioned I started to experiment, but soon i will need this function for a customer)

I've pushed a fix for that notice to github.

Do you actually have data in the underlying tables for both calc elements? When you create calc elements, we don't automatically populate the calculated values into any existing rows in the table. So when the chart viz reads the table, it could well be getting empty data. Worth checking with something like phpMyAdmin to see if you actually have anything in there.

A word of warning, the 'chart' viz has basically been deprecated, as Google no longer support the API it uses, although it still exists. We haven't touched the 'chart' viz code in several years, and aren't really able to give much support for it. It's pretty much there as something you can use, and we'll fix any bugs that throw actual errors, but when it comes to actually setting up and generating the charts ... to be honest, we really have no more knowledge than you do about how to go about generating any given chart type.

You might want to look at the Fusion chart viz, which we can at least provide some basic support for.

Bottom line, we're trying to move away from both of those charting viz's, as they both have viability issues, with the 3rd party API's / code libraries we rely on going away, and work on the nvd3 one, but that's very much Work In Progress.

-- hugh

U mean the fix is already at github or (asked the community to get a fix?) Is the fix available at https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik/archive/joomla3.zip (url mentioned at http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/update-from-github/) or is it just one specific file I need to update?

Answering your question: yes, there is actual data in the database table for both the 2 table fields. For this first simple test setup the 2 related calc elements do not use that data, but just return an integer value (php code in 'Calculation' field). For the real customer application the calc elements will use the db table fields...

Using Fusion instead would be fine for me, but it seems they no longer support a free version. AT http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/fusion-charts-visualization/#installing-fusion-charts I read the only alternative that you support is the Pro V3 version....

I updated from github. At first, the error line at the frontpage with the existing was gone but still only one bar while there are two elements (of type calc).

Then I created a new chart with just two element fields this of type Field.

When I added the second element to the chart I got the error messages listed in the attachment.

Is the chart viz actually supposed to work based on 'field' and 'calc' elements? E.g., has this been tested by the Fabrik developers?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-06-20 at 12.42.53.png
    Screen Shot 2014-06-20 at 12.42.53.png
    96.5 KB · Views: 192
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back