fabrikTip js

dond

The fabrikTip on validation and the tooltip requires one to rollover the popup for it to hide.
I kinda liked the validations(and error messages) in Fab2. So far not liking same in fab3. Is there a way we could turn off current and/or revert to fab2 style validation/error messages?
Your thoughts?

Thanks,
Don

btw, Cograts Rob on tying the knot next month:)

I agree with Don. The old tip, validation and error messages look much better.
Plus i have problem with the fabrik tip width, wont change according to tip content is always the same.

Thanks

Please take a look at this contact form.

I finally turned on ajaxify in the form, applied validation to the elements. Now tips are looking much better. (probably as intended, eh?)

However, a few issues:
notempty.png and alert.png are both a show trigger for the fabrikTip but are not a hide trigger. The tip only hides after rollover of the tip. Would be great if tip hides on exit of image. (been looking at the js but not sure how to do this.)

In IE I get this error:
Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET4.0C; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Timestamp: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 06:06:37 UTC

Message: Could not complete the operation due to error c00ce56e.
Line: 1151
Char: 4
Code: 0
URI: http://www.carpediemwebdesigns.com/jupgrade/media/com_fabrik/js/lib/flexiejs/flexie.js
The tip does not show in IE.

In Safari and Chrome the tip triangle fades very quickly. (minor issue to me:)

I'm starting to like this validation better. This is looking pretty clean.

I kinda liked the validations(and error messages) in Fab2.
THe issue with them was for people with narrow forms and/or long error messages everything got scrunched up and error messages stopped people filling in the fields etc.

I finally turned on ajaxify in the form, applied validation to the elements. Now tips are looking much better. (probably as intended, eh?)
It shouldn't effect the tip performance either way

notempty.png and alert.png are both a show trigger for the fabrikTip but are not a hide trigger. The tip only hides after rollover of the tip. Would be great if tip hides on exit of image.
This should be addressed in the code I just committed to github

In IE I get this error:
I don't get any errors on my test forms now after the code changes, once you've updated and cleared IE's cache do you still get the error?

n Safari and Chrome the tip triangle fades very quickly. (minor issue to me:)
I'd noticed that - not sure why that is though! - As you say its minor compared to the other issues, so when I have a spare rainy afternoon I'll look at that

Plus i have problem with the fabrik tip width, wont change according to tip content is always the same.
In the code at github, the tip size should change now based on the tip content length.
-Rob

all is good except for the flexie.js error in IE even after clearing cache with git update.
thanks for all the great work and support.

thx, I see and have spotted a JS error in IE8, in the tips code, but not in the flexie code.
Looking at and debugging your contact form the flexie error occurs when it tries to load this css file

http://www.carpediemwebdesigns.com/.../css/css-649f6f576f37c4a7119425e17226854a.php

Not sure why flexie is trying to do that to be honest....
Ok a bit a research suggests that its the file encoding type that is being returned that IE doesnt't understand:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/...h-prototype-1-6-1-could-not-complete-the-oper

Although Im not sure I think this is something to do with the gantry plugin returning the css files as php files.

The returned response from the xhr response that loads the css file is:

Content-Type: text/css; charset= UTF-8

Which looks right although perhaps the space between the charset= and the UFT-8 is causing the issue.

Perhaps double check with the gantry people if this is an issue they are aware of.

-Rob

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back