Feature request for textarea plugin

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfquestiaux

Currently, you can set a limit on the amount of characters in the textarea.
Would it possible to set a limit on the amount of WORDS written?

When you use the WYSIWYG editor, it counts the amount of words typed, so it should be possible to get this value somewhere.

This function could be only available when you use the WYSIWYG editor.

That would be useful when you use Fabrik to enter article-types of things.

Hmmm. No doubt it would be possible. If we did it, we probably wouldn't restrict it to just the WYSIWYG editor, and I doubt we would use any word count derived by the WYIWYG editor, as that then involves special coding for every variant of WYSIWYG editor. We'd just do our own count in raw Javascript.

How badly do you want this feature, on a scale of 1 to 10? Where 1 is "Meh, it was just an idea I thought might be useful" and 10 is "I'm stuck on my project and can't go any further till I get this feature".

-- hugh

Thanks Hugh.
I will need it for a new project I am working on and that relies heavily on Fabrik to enter text into the site. To keep the layout consistent, I really want to restrict the length of articles being entered and a word count is more appropriate.
So I'd say 6 on your scale because I am not stuck at the moment (plenty of other stuff to do) but I will need it by, say, the end of September.

OK. Well, start reminding me mid Sept. I'll be in Europe for a few weeks early Sept, and I'm trying to get some other stuff wrapped up before I leave.

-- hugh

hi - i should have added this now to the github code base, as with most js options it will work with tinymce and a the standard textarea, but most likely not with other wysiwyg editors

OK, I will test it but it would be nice if it could work with JCE witch is - I think - the most used editor.

tinymce = jce really - they use the same js code, so it should work there as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back