File Upload plugin - thumbnails not showing in list (or any other) view

thellie

Hi :)
The list shows the full image, not the thumbnail - I read that the thumbnail should take preference?

The plugin is set for Ajax uploads, in a non-repeating group. Downloads is not set to anything, and I've dumped/cleared/cleaned browser and joomla caches, as well as purging the sessions...
===================

As you can see further down, before posting, I went back to check to see if there was anything else to add. But, had a quick fiddle with the display options...

So, to get the list view to show thumbnails, I have to set it up as:
Show media in list = slideshow
Show media in form = Cropped, then thumbnail, then 'fullsized'

The issue with this is:
  1. I must have at least 2 images for thumbnails to show (not a problem, as I have plenty to put up)
  2. Importantly, it forces my form/details view to show bullet images, instead of the fullsize slideshow I want
On a related subject, is there an option to select number of records shown in a div row? Mine shows 3, and I'd like to show just 2 if possible.

For DIV template, list view
If the settings are:

Show media in form = slideshow

it shows the full image
-------------------------------------------------------------

it shows the thumbnail image (yay!) ...but not if there's a single image for the row (it shows full image)
Show media in form = full sized

it shows the full image
Show media in form = no

it shows the full image
Show media in list = yes
Show media in form = slideshow

it shows the thumbnail image for single images, and thumbnail images in bullet form for multiple images
Show media in list = yes

it shows the thumbnail image for single images, and thumbnail images in bullet form for multiple images
Show media in list = yes
Show media in form = no

o_O

I am also trying to show the thumbnail in list as well so I have a small preview of the image in list and full size in detail view. Currently I see the cropped image in list, instead of thumbnail. Thumbnails are created in user id folder.

Just thought about it. I can set my frame for cropping in the cropping window and close the window (not with save button). Image will still be cropped, once I submit the complete form that holds "image" field. But...I can't see the SAVE button with cropping window. Might still be the alt layout of Bootstrap3 template Helix3. I think you said windows height is a fixed value.

http://www.speedclinic.de/en/en-plan/exercise.html

Attachments

• 04-02-_2017_21-22-58.jpg
    04-02-_2017_21-22-58.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Yes, that's still the window height issue, and the fact that Helix3 adds so much dead space in the vertical border / margin on headers and footers.

I'm still trying to decide on the best approach for resolving that. It needs fixing, as we really should have hard coded numbers in the Javascript when we build things like popup windows on the fly, but finding a way of doing it that allows that stuff to be overridden in things like layouts is not entirely trivial.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back