"fileupload" plugin question

theboss

good morning.

Do you think it's possible set a remote path for "upload directory" in fileupload plugin?

I wish manage Joomla and MySql db on a server and use another shared account as files repository.

thanks

I had this idea once as I was going to use my fast host for webpages and a slow but unlimited bandwidth web host for storing the files.

It is possible as it is not unlike what is in place for the Amazon S3 option I guess.

What type of files will you be storing and for what purpose? There was a thread not so long ago regarding storing files outside of Joomla's root directory which theoretically would be the same process.

thanks for reply felix.

20gb in pdf files about 500kb.

The ideal should be to do it from inside a Fabrik form, but can help also a module in left side bar for upload and see absolute path of uploaded file to drag and drop in a Fabrik field element.

another idea to working about...

I have a Joomla installation divided into two parts, a remote part with db and forms (Fabrik), and a part of it (Projektfork Groupware) that point to my Windows 7 intranet pc (Xampp suite).

Is it possible define path of file uploaded with "fileupload" plugin so it send files to local htdocs dir instead of remote?

This isn't something we are considering doing in Fabrik.

My recommendation is, if you need the target folders to be outside of the J! root, is to use symbolic links, or external mount points. So say you have a Linux server, and want to actually store the files on a Windows box, you could use something like Samba to mount a folder somewhere within the J! root, accessing a network share published from your Windows box.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.
Back