Form completion issues: slow system response

Status
Not open for further replies.

corbmite

Hi

Over the last several months I have had a Fabrik 3.1 form online, working under Joomla 3 to collect data. The site is running on a dedicated VPS, no other sites on it, 2-core processor with 2GB RAM. For the most part things seem to work fine. The form uses a tabbed template and questions are restricted to 500 character answers. However, I am getting reports that many users are finding the forms do not accept characters in real time, as they are typed. They try to type into the boxes but nothing happens, or there is a delay of several seconds or longer before any text appears, which makes the sysem unusable. Server load and mySQL load logs are fine - no issues apparent, and I can never reproduce the issue locally. I have ensured that users are using modern browsers and have javascript enabled.

The site is collecting data from around Europe but there seems to be no geographical element to this issue. I don't want to respond "it works for me" as that is no help to my users who are in difficulty, but would appreciate guidance with troubleshooting this. The form is very simple, two tables, about 25 questions/fields and around 250 rows in the tables so far. My first thought is to turn off the tab system an just go for a paginated form in case that is an issue.

Many thanks for any advice.

sounds like more of a javascript issue, could you point us at the page? I would imagine that its to do with the limiting of text input in the textarea elements, but seeing the page will help me confirm that one.

Thank you for taking the time to consider my problem. A day or two back I turned off the tabs template on the form in question and this has improved things greatly. I also migrated the installation from a cloud-based VPS into a "real" box in a datacentre. For my part I think that is the end of the matter.

ok sounds like you made some progress, but let me know if you still need me to look further into this one for you
-Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back