Form module but using Details template

Sophist

I want to display a user's details in a module but read-only.

At the moment the Form module only uses the form template - if user has r/w access to elements they get a saveable form, and if they only have r/o access they get nothing.

Implementation options seem to me to be:

1. Create a separate "Form Display Module"
2. Add an option to the existing Form Module to only display Details view.
3. Get the Form Module to display in Details style automatically if user has r/o access to all elements like a content form does.
4. Add a selectable r/o template to the existing template list (difficult because the list is used elsewhere)

My preference is to implement 2. and 3. Simple changes to mod_fabrik_form_boot.php e.g. "$input->set('view', 'details');" do not work, so I have no idea (yet) how to achieve 2. much less 3.

I found that Details would not display in a normal view screen, and spent hours tracking that down to having specified a Details View User Field and then it was ignoring the Details View Group setting. ANd tghen having spent hours tracking it down - did I say that I had spent hours - I then found that Hugh had fixed it 3 days ago!!!!! Arrrrggghhhh!!!

Anyway, it now displays in a normal view screen, but I cannot make it display as a Details view in the Form Module.

Can anyone HELP ME please????

I have run it with fabrikdebug and can confirm that it gets the data OK - and issues the form:data debug message.

But no idea why it doesn't display.

Ok - I think that the issue is at c. line 134 in components/com_fabrik/controllers/form.php which appears to assume that the form is being called as a page rather than a module because if it is read-only, then it attempts to do a redirect to a details page rather than simply loading the details in the current page. Whilst this is probably the right solution when it is a page, it is clearly wrong for a module.

I am not at all sure how to fix this.

However if someone else can help me to fix this, then I think I can make the changes to the form module to give it an option to always display read-only.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back