form view

aje

Is it possible to get a form or view to look like this ?
table.jpg

Is this possible with fabrik ? I am have very little time on me to solve this issue, so please give me a hint on if this could be solved with fabrik.

possibly - its a bit hard to say to be honest, but I presume its some kind of invoice form?
Each product line would be a group set to repeat and rendered as a list.
There's a lot of calculations there as well, each of those would need to be a calculation element.
Finally I think you would have to write a custom template to get the layout exactly as in the image.
What are the top two fields, are they just data input or do they perform some other function (loading up data for example)?

Happy to hear it is possible because i had done so much work on the application before i ran into this problem (it felt like a wall) :) the boxes on the top i dropdowns wich loads data from 2 others tables wich is used in the calculation. All the lines is the same, its only the number (calculations) wich canges.

Should i still use list view ? or should i use form view since all labels, lines, sum and calculation will be the same just with different numbers ?

When Rob says "rendered as list view" he means the choice you get on the Group settings, where you can select how that group is rendered on the form.

How far have you actually gotten with this? Do you have your repeating groups and calculations working?

Although I agree with Rob that this is possible, as you have "very little time", I'm not sure it's going to be do-able in your time frame. Writing a custom template is not entirely trivial.

I'm also a little confused on your example image of which fields are editable, and which ones are read-only calcuations.

-- hugh

i have not gotten long on this form, but have done some others tables, user login, profile and pre-filters. Have also done alot of trying and failing and reading, hehe. I have to try to get it done as soon as possible so if anyone wants to help me i will be happy to pay for it.

I saw the video tuturial on making form templates (i think it was Rob who made it) . And was thinking and try to do it that way.

Now i have used a day to get a clever way to copy some Field data wich the admin make to all the users but when the user enter his data it will not alter the data the admin have saved.
So the admin add a Productname , costs, estimated hours and the user can edit it and save a copy or something. Anyone who can point me in the right direction ?

Now i have used a day to get a clever way to copy some Field data wich the admin make to all the users but when the user enter his data it will not alter the data the admin have saved.
I've never tried this, but perhaps create a copy of the form which will be destined to be used by the user only. Turn off the submit button and turn on the 'copy' button?

Thanks, will try that.

For the form i am started to build a form template With help of Your template video tuturial (was great). Is there a way a can make an Field read only depending on another Field ? (yes or no Box). If i use the video tuturial to manually put in the Fields in the template does the Groups matter ?

you would need to write a js event for that I've made a quick demo here
http://demo.fabrikar.com/index.php/javascript-events/form/15/

Here's the dropdown element's javascript settings
http://screencast.com/t/hejCSEyeX

and this is the code it uses (for easy copy and pasting)
JavaScript:
var elements = this.form.elements;
var target = elements.demo_javascript_examples___updated.element;
if (this.get('value') == 1) {
  target.disabled = true
} else {
  target.disabled = false;
}

If i use the video tuturial to manually put in the Fields in the template does the Groups matter ?
It does if you want to use things like repeat groups, otherwise you can place elements how you like, ensure though that they have the correct markup and classes though.

Is it possible to have seperate elements as i want (have got this to work) and have another specific group as a list under ?

sorry I'm not sure I understand the question.
Are you asking if you can render a group once a series of custom elements have been rendered?
If so yes, take a look at the markup in the form template's default.php file, the code you will need to use is between the <fieldset></fieldset>

So, set which group you want to render first then include the fieldset markup:

PHP:
<?php $group = $this->groups['Replace this with your groups label'];?>
<fieldset class="<?php echo $group->class; ?>" id="group<?php echo $group->id;?>" style="<?php echo $group->css;?>">
</fieldset>

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back