front-end list / back-end list process differently

Sophist

When I show my list on the front end I get several errors like this:

Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$fch_cat___id in/homepages/3/d85014684/htdocs/fairmile/dev/joomla3/components/com_fabrik/models/list.php on line 9455
Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$fch_cat___id in/homepages/3/d85014684/htdocs/fairmile/dev/joomla3/components/com_fabrik/models/list.php on line 9550

But display the same list in the back end and I don't get these messages.

I have tracked this symptom down to $data[0] being different and missing some placeholders in the front end.

This is the same fabrik definitions with the front and back end being run within seconds of one another - soit is not a change in anything - it is definitely down to front/back end being different.

Can anyone explain to me why this would happen and how to track down the root cause?

P.S. I can hide the symptoms easily enough by testing whether the placeholder is in data[0] before trying to assign from it - but that is going to mask the root cause.

If it is any help, the list / data / joins / display mode (which translates to $merge in list.php) is set to Merge Rows and Reduce Data.

If I change it to just Merge Rows the symptoms go away - but the placeholders are still missing.

I have a fix available which gets rid of the symptoms if you select MR&RD, but clearly there is a deeper root cause.

I was wrong in thinking that this was due to front-end / back-end. I was using a different userid on front-end and that was causing the difference though it still should not have. And I tracked this down to security settings on some of the elements.

So, I am not sure what we should do with the fix to hide the symptoms. I suspect that there should be some sort of error message - or we should try to stop the user (i.e. me) from doing something stupid with their definitions - but I have no idea what or how.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back