Funding's invoices ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lcollong

FabriKant d'applications web
Hi,

Very glad to know that Fabrik has, again, some future perspectives.
Congratulations to what it has already been done up to now with F4.
It will be nice to have some main future milestones without dates of course but to know toward what Fabrik is going (priorities).
Regarding funding, I'd like to do so but are you organize to send invoice as I will do through my company ?

Thanks,

Laurent

We just setup a PayPal account to accept payments. Most anything we will use the money for takes PayPal for payments so we will just pay for them out of that account.

When you make a payment you should get an email from PayPal. Is that not sufficient? When I pay for things using PayPal I just submit that for reimbursement.

We have limitations for donations here in France.
I can do a donation from myself and then get reimbursement from my company. But it will be smaller than what I can do in paying "for something" against an invoice. Something like "annual company support subscription" or else. Also, depends where your company is based, but the VAT question is not so small either.

Hi there!

I would second the setup of some donation mechanism for Fabrik. Let me say, that the devs are very humble: I tried to get some donations their way earlier when Fabrik 4 was not yet born, and the declined. Fabrik being open source is extremely useful for my line of work, namely setting up monitoring databases for NGOs and charity organisations sin Kenya where commercial solutions are unaffordable.

Kindly,
Lorenz

A subscription modal is for a company much easier.
Then I can say to my boss : "this is the product i need and this is how much it costs' now it is more like 'We already have to product and we could donate'. My boss also have to explain his budget. If he gives donations to 'random guys on the internet' he has a lot explaining to do.

Edit:
I now see that the subject is a bit different.
But at my company a invoice is also a lot easier to get processed then a declaration.

Last edited:
Issuing invoices and such sets us up for notice by the tax people. Invoices generally need a tax ID on them. We do not have the infrastructure to incorporate, collect and submit taxes, and file tax returns (which of course also cost more money). We have enough to do just keeping up with the forum posts. As for subscriptions, the Donation system allows you to set up Monthly or Yearly donations. Let's just call them subscriptions. :rolleyes:

If you would state on the website that Company`s needs to pay x euro each year for using the product it might be sufficient to convince the budget holders.

Fabrik itself is free. Having a required subscription service places a burden on us for support. If you are paying for something you expect that something to have support. We are volunteers and do the best we can, but we are not willing and able to commit to fix everything that comes up. Fabrik is a very very very complex beast and some issues could take weeks to investigate and fix. We cannot commit to something like this.

So the answer is no. We will not issue invoices and we will not require payments to get/use Fabrik. This may change in the future but for now this is how it is.

But we are happy to accept donations to help cover our costs.

Closing this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back