Good SEO URL (alias) for details

Any way to use good seo urls. for list detials.. ? so instead of services/details/8/1 I could have
services/SERVICE_NAME where . the value of the fb_mytable___servicename element..

Is this what the Custom Link option is, in the elements list view settings?

How do I get $thisElements->value. ? {valut} or {this} ??

Well, using the actaul full element name works. but its not an alias.. its just re-writing the link..

Is there a way to change/create a details alias that is better human readable. and better for seo?

You could use an extension like sh404SEF to re-write the URLs (and some other things too).
I just rewrote the sef plugin for Fabrik. It will be available in GitHub in a few days.

Alternatively you can set the list slug option (found under the list navigation tab) - that adds the fields data to the form/details url

Well, I am just getting to test this, I found the option and I see All it does is append to the existing url, in this case, a last name...

physicians/details/5/11-barayuga where it should be physicians/details/barayuga

or on another list.
services/details/8/1-acl-surgery should really be services/acl-surgery

You would need to look at the sef404 plugin or similar to look at removing the details/8 part of the url, I think jfq has already updated our sef404 support code in github (but I'm not a sef url user so haven't yet played around with it)
jfquestiaux - any chance you could add a wiki page with a summary of how it works?

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back