Google map plugin, "Always Show map" not working

hugh,

one last thing, is it possible to show a pop up message "Location Not Found" when somebody looks for a place that doesn't exist?

and another issue that has not been fixed-> Whenever i'm using Greek characters in the search field i get an error about the database and crashes the whole website (getData:Illegal mix of collations (latin1_swedish_ci,IMPLICIT) and (utf8_general_ci,COERCIBLE) for operation '='). For example you can use "???????" or "?????".

what can we do about it? i tried changing the database collation but with no luck... please advise

Well, it is a collation problem. You just haven't located where the conflict is. There's really nothing Fabrik can do about that, it's outside our scope. What did you change the collation on? I'm pretty sure just changing the default for the database itself won't change any collation specifically set on existing tables / fields.

It might be possible to add YAFO (Yet Another Option) to the map viz, with a message to display if there is no data to display. I'm not fond of opening popups on page loads though. So if you really want a popup, I'd have to look at adding an event to fire when the map is loaded with no data, like fabrik.viz.map.nodata, and you can use a custom viz_X.js which adds an event listener for that, and does a popup.

So let me know how married you are to a popup, rather than using the standard J! message area.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Staff online

Members online

Back