Hidding View on Lists at frontend

ofuuzo

fabrik_select { display:none;} hides "Checkbox form" on frontend.
How can I hide "View"?

Thanks in advance.

Ofuuzo

Just assign the access level in the list (Access - 'View records') to a higher level (like Special) and the user won't see the 'View' (details) icon/button. (If that's what you're asking?)

I'm in no big hurry and just happened to be in the forum - but questions like that will usually get a RTFM reply around here - and so maybe you should.;)

Just assign the access level in the list (Access - 'View records') to a higher level (like Special) and the user won't see the 'View' (details) icon/button. (If that's what you're asking?)

I'm in no big hurry and just happened to be in the forum - but questions like that will usually get a RTFM reply around here - and so maybe you should.;)
I have tried access level. Some of my clients have special and registered rights. So, my need is not solved here.

Ofuuzo

I must be missing something. Do you want to remove the View icon/button for everyone - regardless their access level?

If so, there are 2 easy ways I can think of - 1. You can add a new Joomla user access level (named "Nobody"?) but don't assign any usergroups to that level at all. Then use that access level as the required level to see the View - and nobody will be shown the icon. 2. You can use css like you did for the checkbox. Use Firebug or IE developer tools to identify the element you want to hide. and add it to a custom css file for the form just like you did for the checkbox.
try...
.fabrik_view { display: none!important; }

But that's the way to do it... You can create as many levels as you with, and put them in a correct hierarchy.
So, have your own "super administrator" (or something like that) for your special rights and leave the default "Super Users" with no one included (except the default admin).

It can be a little tricky to understand the J! permission levels...

But that's the way to do it... You can create as many levels as you with, and put them in a correct hierarchy.
So, have your own "super administrator" (or something like that) for your special rights and leave the default "Super Users" with no one included (except the default admin).

It can be a little tricky to understand the J! permission levels...
Thanks. I have created a group that users don't have access to it and hiding "View"works fine now.

Ofuuzo

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back