How to create a Selection header + show the form same page..?

javier94

Right now i have created a menu where you can chose the language and the form you need . as you can see here

menu.png

My doubt is, that maybe, this menu is too big for users, and if i want to add more languages or more forms
would be too much...

Right now i have 5 languages -- and 13 forms per each languages.. 65 forms for the moment.

I'm not sure if is possible or not... create a header (under the main menu) .. and under the header show the form selected.. using fabrik.. maybe the desing would be clean .. and would be possible add more languages or forms in the future.

First thing is to know if is possible or not.. ?
Second would be, best way to do it, if we can use the forms that i already have.

i have created a test part to show you.. here

https://qrmenudigital.com/index.php/test-1

I have create a list to create the header..

would be 3 elements.. 1 name of user, 2 dropdown (with languages) and when you select the languages will appear the dropdown with the allowed forms for this language, selec the form you need, and with the save button.. show the selected form under the header to fill in..

(this is how i think, but maybe i have to use a dropdown + cascading dropdown or other way, not sure)

Any suggestions?

thanks in advance

Javier

I'm not 100% sure what your end-result should be, but I would add the needed languages to Joomla and create a different menu for every language. Easy to do and your menus would not get cluttered with several language items in one menu.

The end result.. would be something like this ... imagin a form .. like a header.. under the main menu...

header-1.png

this header.. with 3 elements, name of place.. and 2 dropdown.. one for languages.. and one for Type of restaurant menus

header-2.png

the language Selector.. when you active only shows the restaurant menus in this languages.. ( you select spanish --> you will see all (es) spanish forms.

header-3.png

one you select the form.. and save.. or maybe without save button..

--> the form selected should appear same page .. under the header.. the user fill in.. and dissapear... (making this post, i think is not possible.. How to see the register once the register is saved ????.. i have to maintain...the same structure in the main menu to see the saved registers... and modify..

=====================

The multisite language OPTION, Yes, i thought in this option,

The point is.. the user will select one language to sign up and login..

once the user is logged in spanish for example ... I'm not sure if is possible change the language using the same user/psw.. never do..

Maybe there is a plugin or something, but not sure.

And the trouble is the user, should be able to create a form in different languages..

I think the best solution is the solution that I'm using create in the main menu languages.. and in a submenu.. all the forms in each languages..

But maybe in Multisite .. would be other options..

Thanks

javier

yes, the cascading dropdown.. we can use to link both dropdowns, the languages and forms available in each language.

the doubts are:

1.- Once we have the forms selected for each language --> how to show the form (same window, under the header)
2.- If the user fill the form, and after the user wants to make changes --> how to show the list.. ( i mean if i have to show.. i need the form be linked to the main menu.. so if the idea is reduce the main menu items doing this.. is not the right way.. because if i have to show.. i can not reduce the main menu i will have the same items)

I think using this option, can not improve nothing or reduce the main menu items.. that was the initial idea.
and if i make a multilanguage site, maybe the user will not understand if i make a chinese menu, or how to move in this menu..

For the moment, i can not find any better idea, that use the actual structure..

I think about.. let see if any new idea appears..

Many thanks for your help!

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back