How to get rid of "Total" slice in Pie Chart Viz

vinia

Hi,

Is there a way to get rid of the "Total" slice in the pie chart? I have searched the forums but couldn't find a resolution to it. I think a similar problem was raised, but with fusion charts. My problem with fusion charts is I could not get the Legend to show. So I am trying the chart viz in Fabrik because it does show the legend on the right of the chart. However, the pie chart always shows the total number of records as half of the pie so it does not provide correct information and visualization of the data. Also I could not customize the colors of the slices.

I hope someone could point me to the right direction on how to take care of this.

Here's a screenshot of the chart for your reference.

fabrik_chart.png

Many thanks in advance.

Vinia

I' ve the same problem with fusion chart...:( i can't help you..but i can say that to visualize the legend in a fusion chart you must to have the Licence Pro 3.2 with the free legend you can't display the legens

the total in both chart visualizatons should not be shown.

I fixed that in the google charts viz today, so you will need to update. The fusion chart one should have been fixed a while ago

iladu - if you still have problems with the fusion chart viz can you ensure you're up to date with code from github and if so report back in your original post if you still have issues.

Thanks for the info, iladu :)

Hi, Rob. Thanks for replying to the post. I have updated from github but the Total slice still appears.

What I do is create a count calculation for the element I wish to chart. Then on the Viz settings, I choose the Count element as Element and Pie Chart as Chart type. Am I missing something in the settings? Am I doing it the wrong way?

It's working now! I had to manually copy the code from github and overwrite the content of the chart.php files on the server.

Sorry, newbie blunders :oops::confused:

Fabrik is really awesome. Two thumbs (and more!) up! Really great. Many thanks, Rob. :)

Got too excited, I didn't notice that the legend was not displaying correctly :)

Here's the calculation at the bottom of the table view:
tabledata.png

And here's the chart viz of the same data:

chart2.png

It's still showing "Total" on the legend and the viz got the data mixed up :)

How did you manage to get the multiple colours to work? I can create a pie chart only with a single colour - but with various shades.

I am using FB 3.1 RC2 with the current git update (as of 2014-01-28).

Alastair

Perhaps I should add that I am using the standard Google chart feature - not the Fusion chart. (BTW - the Wiki refers to versions of Fusion Charts that are no longer current - or available.)

Alastair

Back