How to use export of a form content type?

RobertG

Hi,

I have a "estimate" form I would like to duplicate to a "Booking" form and add it some new groups.
I exported content type and downloaded it, but I don't find how to import it in a new form.

Please help me.
Thanks!

Thanks troester,
I followed these instructions,
This will create a file form-name.xml with the structure of your list/form (groups, elements, validations...) stored in your-site/administrator/components/com_fabrik/models/content_types

Create a new list, set label and table name, Save
Select the content type you just have created, Save+Close
But as I said, export creates a zipped XML file, and import on the list page accept only CSV files.
Is it another button to import the content in the new list? I didn't find it.

After saving the list (first step in the wiki), I don't see the "select content type page"

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2023-06-18 082324.png
    Capture d’écran 2023-06-18 082324.png
    24.4 KB · Views: 35
  • Capture d'écran 2023-06-18 083901.png
    Capture d'écran 2023-06-18 083901.png
    9.7 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
I resume:
  • I create a list.
  • I give a name to its label.
  • I select an existing table.
  • I save and I don't have the content type selection page to import the XML file.

I select an existing table.
No, content type is for new tables only.

If you select an existing table you'll get a full set list/form/elements automatically.
If the table is already used for a Fabrik list you'll get child elements with the same settings.
If it's a still "unused" DB table you'll get elements with default names and settings (you can define the defaults in Fabrik Options).

Thanks troester!
I understand that I need to create a new table name, the import the content type ?

I found to copy the list and am trying to understand how to add existing groups that are not used in another form.
I hope to find in the wiki.

For example I would add the "Student data" group to the new form, but this group is not listed in the available groups

Attachments

• Capture d'écran 2023-06-18 110511.png
    Capture d'écran 2023-06-18 110511.png
    6.1 KB · Views: 33
  • Capture d'écran 2023-06-18 110815.png
    Capture d'écran 2023-06-18 110815.png
    12.4 KB · Views: 32
I could not see the existent "student data" in the available groups so I duplicated a previous form and could modify it.

Thanks for your help!

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back