Initial fabrik build a success, now for round 2

Racmitch

First off, thanks to hugh for helping me get a fairly large project off the ground with fabrik. i learned alot and then some. The intial build of the LMS I am creating met it's deadline and is now in the hands of the beta testers who will be using the system to teach their clients. There were some issues in the first round we had talked about that were ok to work with till this point, but i have to address them as the system is being refined, that was: I for some reason had old or buggy fabrik files gotten from somewhere in your system. Hugh you had said you were going to update my files to the ones you knew where correct. We never got to do that(no fault of yours) as I was working to meet the 4/1 deadline i had, but now those little "issues" are in need of addressing, ie: missing templates, user id's not holding in forms, etc, i will have to look up what you told me was wrong with the fabrik files I am using, but you said they weren't correct, or i should not have had access to them as they were known to be buggy. The second issue, we never talked about was one last form that needs to be created that I honestly have no idea how to do. it is a time use matrix form. I would like to talk to you about this and can contact you through the skype channel if that's ok? But it's the last piece of the system I built and involves calculating time increments
Please let me know when you have some time.

I can't remember the details of the "wrong files" ... but no doubt what I was planning to do was an update from github. If your system is now in production, I would suggest NOT doing a github update on it, but rather use Akeeba to clone a sandbox you can test on, update to the latest github, and make sure your app still works, before apply it to the live site.

What is a "time use matrix form"? Can you explain that in more depth before we move to Skype / live chat?

-- hugh

See attachment,
timeform.png

Basically they enter a "task" then by increments of a 1/4 hour they put in how many or how long they work on the task, in the form of a decimal .25 = 1/4 hour or 15 mins , then total a sum in the last box when saved.

This is looking like a repeat group with "table" template.
You can
create a list x
create a new group, assigned to form x
set this group repeatable=yes, Template=table
add your elements (task, hours.., calculation element) to this group

thanks troester,
That is kinda what I have in mind, my problem is I really don't understand how the calu plugin works or how are what coding need to ve done to each field to get it to create a "sum" at the end or on save, this is actually where i need the help

Hugh, I made the clone site on another server with akeeba, it all works except the pages with fabrik syntax in it, says cannot connect to mysql, so i still gotta figure that out to have a sandbox site, the mock up i posted is what the time matrix is they want. Bottom line, I'm a front end developer, and with the calc element and coding it for the time matrix and trying to learn the final few steps to fix the small issues with the site, I'm pretty much at the end of my skill set, and it's "right there" done. My company has given me a pretty decent budget to work with someone to get it finished. You were surprised with the donation I sent you for your initial help, well you can literally times that by 10. I'm offering it to you or rob or anyone you trust to work with me to finish this project. Please let me know.

Whenever you copy a site in any way which just copies the existing datase, you have to go in to the Fabrik Connection tab, and edit and save the 'site default' one time. When Fabrik is first installed, we copy the main J! connection details in to the default Fabrik connection. If you then copy the database to another server, we don't really have any way of knowing, so we'll carry on using those details for our default connection. Which most of the time won't work, unless the new database uses the same user/password, AND is on 'localhost'.

Catch me on Skype and we'll talk about some custom work. I don't have much time I can rent out, as we're covered up with the JED rewrite project (which is also forming the core of Fabrik 4.0), and I'm woefully behind on support ... but I do need to pick up a some hours to cover some medical bills I'm about to incur.

-- hugh

Hugh,
I did get the site to copy to a new server as a sandbox, the only thing that isn't working is the already exsisting records from the live site aren't showing, and i'm sure that's from the naming of the new dbase in the clone site, I don't believe that is a huge problem as i don't thinnk I need access to the old records, just a functioning site with the same specs as the live site so I can make the upgrades and test items on.
I will contact you on skype and let you know what i need, i'm pretty confident that what i need isn't going to be time consuming for you, and the amount I have to spend verses the amount of time i need should give you a very nice pay day to help with some of those medical expenses

As our fourth monthly professional subscription is about to expire, we are wondering if any help at this level is available, we also offered and it was accepted, a flat fee price to actually pay additional monies for the help we need. We are really in need of help with the final phase of this project and since it was accepted 5/10 no progress or real contact has been made. Please let me know if there is still any interest in this project as it was stated there was, it is just very frustrating to be told the dollar amount was acceptable and nothing or contact made in 3-4 weeks.

Remind me of your Skype contact IS. I'm online today for most of the day (Sunday), if we can get together we can make some progress. But I can't remember what your Skype ID is, so I can't go and look at our previous discussion.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back