Installing Fabrik in new site

Indrit

Hi, I am doing a clean installation of Fabrik in a brand new site and while creating first few LISTs i noticed after every save i get this message:

This content type was exported from Fabrik 3.9, where as your site is using 3.10. Whilst it will probably install without issue, it would be best to update the content type

Under the Content Type I am selecting "Default"

Do i need to save my new LISTs a different way

Thanks, here is what I received when trying to install Sample data:

An error has occurred.
1 Connection ID # is unpublished or trashed
/home4/compatn5/public_html/surveys/components/com_fabrik/models/connection.php:167

Call stack
#
Function Location
1 () JROOT/components/com_fabrik/models/connection.php:167
2 FabrikFEModelConnection->getConnection() JROOT/libraries/fabrik/fabrik/Helpers/Worker.php:1917
3 Fabrik\Helpers\Worker::getConnection() JROOT/administrator/components/com_fabrik/models/home.php:149
4 FabrikAdminModelHome->installSampleData() JROOT/administrator/components/com_fabrik/controllers/home.php:45
5 FabrikAdminControllerHome->installSampleData() JROOT/libraries/src/MVC/Controller/BaseController.php:702
6 Joomla\CMS\MVC\Controller\BaseController->execute() JROOT/administrator/components/com_fabrik/fabrik.php:87
7 require_once() JROOT/libraries/src/Component/ComponentHelper.php:402
8 Joomla\CMS\Component\ComponentHelper::executeComponent() JROOT/libraries/src/Component/ComponentHelper.php:377
9 Joomla\CMS\Component\ComponentHelper::renderComponent() JROOT/libraries/src/Application/AdministratorApplication.php:101
10 Joomla\CMS\Application\AdministratorApplication->dispatch() JROOT/libraries/src/Application/AdministratorApplication.php:159
11 Joomla\CMS\Application\AdministratorApplication->doExecute() JROOT/libraries/src/Application/CMSApplication.php:225
12 Joomla\CMS\Application\CMSApplication->execute() JROOT/administrator/index.php:51

What is this? Remember this is a brand new installation and first steps on the site!!

Thanks, Indrit

If you have already created a list this doesn't seem to be your "first step".
Did you unpublish the Fabrik connection?

I did clean everything. Component / Fabrik/Tools/Rest Fabrik

I tried again

An error has occurred.

P.s. not sure if it impacts anything, but I downloaded and installed all available Fabrik Plugging's (just in case I will need it.

A reset will remove all lists, elements etc. but won't enable a disabled connection.
You should touch/add/manipulate the Fabrik connections only if you know exactly what you are doing. On a clean installation there's exactly one connection with id=1, published, pointing to the Joomla database.
P.s. not sure if it impacts anything, but I downloaded and installed all available Fabrik Plugging's (just in case I will need it.
It should not impact anything but it doesn't make sense.

What puzzles me is the fact that I have build forms with Fabrik before and I was the one creating the first List without even installing the sample Data and did not such problem

Do you think a Specific Joomla Theme might have anything to do with it.

Looks like and I have uninstall Fabrik all together and re-install correct?

Thanks, Indrit

What is your Fabrik connection? Screenshot?

Looks like and I have uninstall Fabrik all together and re-install correct?
If it's your "clean installation of Fabrik in a brand new site" test site - yes.
If it's any site with any data - NO!!

MockSurvey2.png

bTW, I noticed when I try to upload the image above to my joomla site and then point URL here so you can see it it wont allow me it says See below, so I ended up hosting the image else where.

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access this resource.

Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Maybe there is an issue with permission??

Last edited:
More news

I literally just created a brand new site, fresh installation of joomla, Installed Fabrik, tried to install sample data and I received:

An error has occurred.

Return to Control Panel

There is no way I have trashed the connection ID, the first step with Fabrik was going directly to Sample data and installing it or at least tried. can some on me help take a look, i can provide user access privately.

p.s. I test the connection and I get this:

Thanks, indrit

Last edited:
Really no idea what is going on with your "clean" site. If you can't upload or access media there's something wrong.

New database, correct database privileges?
php7.4?
A new Joomla 3.10.6 installation?
No warnings/errors during installation?
All Joomla folder access as it needs to be?

A new Fabrik3.10 package installed via Joomla installer?
No warnings/errors during installation?
Fabrik connection pointing to your Joomla database (this is automatically the case after a "clean" installation, but not if you've copied an existing site; open the connection, not only "test")?

BTW: You can copy/paste screenshots directly into the post.

So when I changed error level to "maximum" in global configuration and this reveals that my "fabrik" extension is causing an error.

My Host, is running PHP 8.0 so... is this incompatibilty with PHP 8.0??

This is the error message Im getting from Fabrik:
  1. Deprecated: Required parameter $container follows optional parameter $labelValue in /home11/comtn9/public_html/mocks/components/com_fabrik/models/element.php on line 3650

To: troester

New database, correct database privileges? YES
php7.4? NO, Bluehost my host has PHP 8.0
A new Joomla 3.10.6 installation? YES
No warnings/errors during installation? No warning, a very smooth installation
All Joomla folder access as it needs to be? YES, no problems there

A new Fabrik3.10 package installed via Joomla installer? YES
No warnings/errors during installation? No warning at all
Fabrik connection pointing to your Joomla database (this is automatically the case after a "clean" installation, but not if you've copied an existing site; open the connection, not only "test")? This is a clean installation of Fabrik, not copied form anywhere

BTW: You can copy/paste screenshots directly into the post. - YES I can, see below print screen

upload_2022-3-12_14-12-13.png

Last edited:
Fabrik is not PHP8 ready.
Im GitHub there are several php7.4 and php8 fixes.

Last edited:
Can you please direct me to the correct link for php 8.0?
What do you mean?
Fabrik is not completely ready for PHP 8, yet. You have to use PHP7.4

Even with php7.4 you may do a GitHub update because there are some fixes since the last official version.

Okay, I got a better answer from Bluehost:

Server Info:
PHP Version 7.4.28

Now what..? Where do I need to go and get instruction for the PHP 7.4..

Indrit

Remember..., when I installed Fabrik (fresh install) and try to do install "Sample data" it doesn't take it, it says:

An error has occurred.

Additionally the CSV download export does not work!

Did you try with php7.4?
All my sites are running J!3.10.6 + Fabrik3.10 + php7.4 without problems (with Joomla error reporting = simple/none so you won't get "deprecated" warnings)

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back