Installing git update on local host

rowanwins

Hi all,

Ok rookie question here - What's the best way to update my fabrik install on a local host? I just putting the zipped up files in my main directory but when I extracted them it didnt really work, it deleted a whole lot of other joomla files etc which I know realise in hindsight was probably going to happen.

So whats the best way? Im sure Im missing something really obvious.

Cheers
Rowan

Extracting the zip file should not have deleted any Joomla files. It sounds like you were doing the right thing - I guess you just need to be careful to make sure that the extract is done to the correct directories.

S

P.S. You do need to make sure that you download the correct zip file for your version of Joomla / Fabrik - if you are on Joomla3 and Fabrik 3.1, then make sure you download the joomla3 zip file.

Just re-found my problem. It works on a windows pc with no dramas but its not so simple on a mac.... When extracting a zip on a mac its puts the resulting files into a new directory rather than the root. Will have to do some digging.

Cheers
Rowan

Its GitHub - it puts the files in a subdirectory. There are other recent forum threads which talk about this.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back