Is it possible to have two forms on the same list

Status
Not open for further replies.

tali

I have a general purpose table, call it Index.

There are two different types of ojects
- Books
- Interviews

The php onLoad and onBeforeStore are not the same.
One fied must be hidden with a default value in one of the two case but visible in the other.
The labels and help don't use the same wordinds.
But they share the same table

I thought hence the two forms are at the View level (from an MVC approach) i could find a way to copy and then alter a form. But it looks like the elements are mixing M & V : it cannot be hidden in one form and visible in another one (the elements are not copied).

Is there a copy command for a Form ? (as there is one for List).

i think what you are trying to do would be done by creating a new LIST, but point it to the same table as the first list. this creates not only the 2nd list for the same sql table, it also automatically creates a new form, group and all of the elements for you.

the new elements are conveniently linked back to the original elements, so you only have to change them once. however you CAN choose to unlink them if you want to make the new one different (for example, to display on one form, but hide on the other, or to delete the new element entirely on the 2nd form... while making sure you don't delete the sql column that is associated with the element...).

Copying a List and copying a Form achieve the same results - a new set of List / Form / Group(s) / Elements, sitting on the same underlying MySQL table, which can be configured separately, but for which the elements inherit changes to the "parent" element, unless you specifically unlink the copy.

Re "delete the new element entirely" ... we'd usually recommend unpublishing rather than deleting elements you don't want on copies.

-- hugh

Thank you for your answers.
My mistake was that while copying I renamed the list and the form, but not the group.
Also, I did not understand the unlink possibility, which i understand now.

Fabrik rocks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back