Javascript on Database Join Element vs. Dropdown

Byrd

I had a drop down element, and I used a javascript plugin to hide/show a group of elements based on the selection. It worked great.

I made a choice to then make a new data table out of the drop down values, and then switch the original element to a database join that creates the drop down.

So, all of the values are exactly the same, i.e. "On Load: When element "TransType" == "Release" hide group "Pricing"

the value "Release" used to be drop down value, now it is a database join value of the same thing: "Release"

However, the javascript does not work on this.

I have tried this on all of my database join elements, and none of them read the value and perform the javascript action. Please help.

Can tell me which form / element(s) to look at on your site, and the front end page to see it not working on? Assuming it's somewhere on your CMI site?

-- hugh

I have update the website that this question references.

I have an Autofill plugin based on the TransType element as well. It is working great.

I have been able to add the value "0" as my default value, and javascript picks up this element just fine. It is set to On Load, Hide the M3 Payments element group if TransType == "0". However, the change javascript no longer works. So, when I change to value "Release" it is suppose to show the M3 Payments group of elements, and if it is changed to any other item, it hides those elements again.

It's not working.

Yup, something seems to have broken the 'change' events on elements with sub-options. We have a couple of folk with the same issue, and we're working on it.

Should have it fixed soon.

-- hugh

I set up a test - it seems to work fine for my database join elements hiding/showing elements
Hugh are you sure you aren't confusing this with the radio button rendered as btn-group bootstrap issue where the change events are not fired, but rather click events need to be used?

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Staff online

Back