jdate form format issue

henk

I tried to use a calc to display the month in the local language (dutch).
I used setlocale to change language, but that does not work.
Then I decided to use a jdate element instead.
However if I set the form format to F (for month display), on the form the month will always change to the current month. Even if I set Default to current date = No. It works fine for the List format.
I found that this only works using a date element, not with a jdate element!! (but it should?)

I cannot replicate with J3.10.1 and Fabrik 3.10 (githhub from a few weeks ago). With jdate element, F always shows the selected month in site's language, both in list and form view.

I assume you haven't forgot to set "Always return today's date" to "No".

Sure I did set "Always return today's date" to "No".
F shows the month in site's language, but changes to the current month.
I did some more tests and discovered that both date and jdate have the same issue. The only difference is that jdate changes to the current month on form load and date chnges to the current month on form save.
If I change the format to d-m-Y all works fine, it only changes to the current month with the format F.
I tried several times having both date and jdate on the same form.
So there is no way to show only the month in a form.

OK, I can replicate this now in non-English site and it seems definitely to be a bug. I remember this has come up already earlier, but I cannot find the thread anymore. I doubt that this will have a fix anytime soon as it concerns only non-English sites, so Media A-Team will hardly bump onto this problem in their own projects.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back