Juser plugin user group field questions

genyded

Hi,

How should the Juser plugin "user group" field work? The other fields (name, email, etc) all have an existing corresponding filed in the #__users table, but that one does not. I assume and extra field must be added, but would doing that alter the core user table (I have it set not to)? So how should this work?

A db join to the mapping table? If so would that not also alter the core table again? The wiki has not info on this and I cannot find any posts detailing it either. Help would be appreciated!

TIA,
Dale

You need an additional Fabrik list (joined to #_users) anyway with an id element, a userid element (plugin field or dbjoin to #_users, NOT plugin user) holding the J!userid (as foreign key to #_users.id) and a usergroup element.

I never did it with a join to #_users but with all needed elements in the Fabrik "registration" list only matching the elements via jUser plugin.

SO the user group is persisted in the added list AND the groups table? Or ONLY the added list and if so how is the correlation to the groups table made? Using the above, I end up with a group value ONLY in the added list/table.

The jUser plugin should synchronize the usergroup element (in the added list) with J! #_user_usergroup_map

I don't know your setup, with mine (a Fabrik registration list/form containing userid,name,password,block,...usergroup +jUser plugin selecting all (not only mantadory) elements, NO join to #_users) it's working.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back