Language placeholders instead of actual text in Forms . Buttons

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkroast

When I go to the forms > buttons page for a form, it's showing me the placeholders (COM_FABRIK_FIELD_COPY_BUTTON_LABEL_DEFAULT) instead of the text that (should be) assigned to it.

I'm using 3.1b, updated today from github.

Seems this translation is missing in your language file. What is your backend language?

ah sorry don't speak English LOL :D
I'd noticed something similar the other day - will investigate now - by the way was this form created from a copied list?

COM_FABRIK_FIELD_COPY_BUTTON_LABEL_DEFAULT="Save as copy"
is existing in my language file (...\administrator\components\com_fabrik\language\en-GB\en-GB.com_fabrik.ini line 274)

COM_FABRIK_FIELD_DELETE_ICON_x were missing, added in GitHub.

OK, here's what I tried:

I uninstalled Fabrik completely from the Joomla system. I then downloaded a fresh copy Fabrik 3.1b from the website, and installed it into Joomla. That went well, and the labels were there, as expected.

Next, I downloaded a fresh copy of the Github files, extracted them, and uploaded them. I went to Extension Manager > Manage, selected all the Fabrik files, and performed a "refresh cache." I also went to the Discover screen and installed all of the not-yet-installed parts of Fabrik.

I then went to Components > fabrik > forms and tried to create a new form. The following screenshot shows what I'm (still) getting:
fabrik_forms_button_screencap.PNG

I looked at the file you mentioned (/administrator/components/com_fabrik/language/en-GB/en-GB.com_fabrik.ini) and do see those elements there. But for some reason, they're not being picked up.

I also see that the text used for the mouseover on the button labels is in the file, and it changed when I changed it in the file.

It seems as though where's something not right in the file which generates the form buttons page in the administrator area for the extension.

Confirmed.
In ...\administrator\components\com_fabrik\models\forms\form.xml button defaults have changed from English text to language strings (SHA aaff26710218216587a0e1d40783e9caa8d671d2, 2013-09-06) but it seems they are not going through JTEXT.

The change Troester was referring to was one of mine. I guess I missed this in testing because I didn't create a new list. Defaults are only applied on new lists. I will code a fix. Obviously you can type whatever you want into these fields i.e. Save for Save etc. in the mean time.

The idea here was that the defaults for a new form would be translated, however the values are read and set inside a joomla class rather than in Fabrik code, and I cannot find an easy means in Fabrik code to make the translation happen.

So I have raised PR-992 to put the strings back to where they were.

Thanks, Sophist -I'll type into the fields until this is changed (or changed back).

Thank you SO much for the quick responses!

I'd moved the translations to the front end language files, so they should now be applied?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back