Lazy loading for list

PaulV888

Hi,

Did I tell you guys today, that I love Fabrik and its awesome community? Well I do :cool:

So over the Easter weekend I was playing with my website to see if I can speed up my main dashboard. Researching http2, caching etc, but figuring out that the most time is spent building my about 10 Fabrik lists on the server.

Seeing if I could lazy load then, I put together a lazy load for just the data, which was easily done with updateRows which I was already using for polling updates. That helped some but not enough, so I needed to prevent any model building while loading the page.

After many hours of fiddling around it turns out it is a pretty straightforward solution and all the important hooks are already in place. And ended up with these few lines of code.

I am using DirectPHP and put this code in an article. So basically I am not building any list till the callback from the frontend.

Code:
<?php $tableId = 275;
echo '
<div id="fab_'.$tableId.'" class="tablefront">Loading...</div>
<script>
jQuery(document).ready(function() {
  var timer = setInterval(function() { 
   clearInterval(timer);   
   jQuery.ajax({
      dataType: "html",
      url: "/index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=list&listid='.$tableId.'&calculations=0&resetfilters=0&Itemid=654&projectlist___status=0&layout=autoupdate&tmpl=component&ajax=1&format=partial",
      method: "get",
      timeout: 10000,
      success: function(data)
      {
         jQuery("div#fab_'.$tableId.'").html(data);
      },
      error: function(xhr, textStatus, error)
      {
         jQuery("div#fab_'.$tableId.'").html(textStatus+" "+error+"</br>"+xhr.responseText);
      },
   });
  }, 5);
});
</script>';
?>

The bolded part of the URL was the hidden gem that really made this work. And I was able to bring my page load time down from 2+ sec to about 800ms. I might run in some gotchas, but so far all looks great.

Greeting and happy Easter

This looks like a great idea to include in Fabrik as standard. Are your lists in Modules (as opposed to Joomla's main content)?

They are in articles, I was using the content plugin to display all those tables on a blog post layout. Yeah that would be great to have a lazy load option as a content option. {fabrik lazyload list=....}. However that seems like a rather big change to translate all those options into an ajax URL.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back