Linking to a Form record without the primary key

kknuth

I have Form based on the JomSocial table called j_community_fields_values. The primary key is ID, a incrementing record id. It also has a user_id field.
I want to link to a specific record in that Form from a different list based on a custom view that uses user_id as a key. It appears that the link syntax is:
<mysite.com>/index.php/<mymenu>/form/25/<ID value of community_fields_values>
But I don't want to use the primary key (ID). I want to use user_id to look up the record.
example:
<mysite.com>/index.php/<mymenu>/form/25/{fab_view_jsusers___user_id}

Is this possible?? Maybe something like;
<mysite.com>/index.php/<mymenu>/form/25/user_id={fab_view_jsusers___user_id}

You can use the "usekey" feature to get a record by user_id (will get the first one if it's not unique)

The custom edit link (your other thread) should be working with something like
index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=form&formid=25&usekey=user_id&rowid={fab_view_jsusers___user_id}
BUT
there seems to be a bug in Fabrik3.1, it's always appending the actual rowid, so overriding the one you are setting.
So you'll have to wait for a fix if you want to use the custom edit link in list settings.

But you can use one of your elements, set it to "Link to details" (in "List settings") and add the custom link there.

You can set SEF (search engine friendly) URLs on or off in Joomla GlobalConfig.

The full URL syntax is
index.php?option=com_fabrik&view=form&formid=25&usekey=user_id&rowid={fab_view_jsusers___user_id}
which should work in any case.

The bug (appending always the current rowid) has been fixed, so after an update from GitHub
http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/update-from-github/
you can use custom edit link in your list settings.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Staff online

Members online

Back