List and form list in backend loose the order set

Status
Not open for further replies.

lcollong

FabriKant d'applications web
Hi,

Using F4Epsilon, in the backend, the lists (form, lists, elements) can be sorted clicking on the header. I often use sort by id or by table name (list). But once you've edited an item, when you come back to the list, the list is no longer sorted.

It's not convenient when you have some dozens of items to display (find). Specially for list and forms that you can't narrow down using filtering (as for groups or elements).

I can confirm that this is pretty inconvenient. In J3/F3, when you did set the element ordering to order by manually set element sequence, it was sticking that way. But in J4/F4, when you navigate away and back from "elements" list, elements will be ordered by element ID again.

Last edited:
It seems to be in: /administrator/components/com_fabrik/models/elements.php, line 312.

In F3 it was:
protected function populateState($ordering = null, $direction = null)

But in latest F4 it's:
protected function populateState($ordering = 'id', $direction = 'asc')

Changing it back to what it was in F3 seems to solve the issue. User selected ordering sequence seem to stick now. Hope this can be added to next release. Thanks!

Hmmm, I remember making that change to solve another issue. I will investigate next week some time once I get home from my travels.

Hmm, that is weird. I have tested this in two different sites running Epsilon and it works perfect on both of them.

At least it seems clear why this change made the back-end lists to always order by id asc. And I would assume reverting it back to F3 state would solve the issue if there's not anything more changed related to this behavior.

Hmmm.. I also changed it back to null/null and the ordering was not saved after editing an element. Needs further investigation.

That's definitely weird. Just changed this in another site running Joomla 4.3.4 and Epsilon. And it started to save the ordering like the other sites. The 3-stripe "hamburger" icons are not active after editing element, but the ordering is still preserved.

Tested with latest Chrome and Firefox.

Last edited:
I'm not at my PC. But I remember I tested a bit. As far as I remember ordering by clicking the headers is kept in F3 but not in F4, no matter how the params are. But I think the element 'Hamburger' order was displayed correctly with the old null,null params.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

Updated one of our site with "zeta" and now lists are ordered and stays ordered.
Great ! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back