list arrangement

enzo2016

Hello,
I would like to organize the fields of a list (showing for example 4 fields) into a table like the following:

First record:
field 1 field 2
field3 field 4

Second record:
field 1 field 2
field 3 field 4

and so on for the next records.
How could I do that?

Thanks

Enzo

Thanks for the tip Hugh. I have read the procedure for customizing the template, but I had some difficulties for the layout code. I am attaching the snapshot about the layout I thought. No particular color as background, font or into the cells. The most important thing are only two: fields into cells and a distance between a record and the next one.

Thanks

Enzo

Attachments

• list template.png
    list template.png
    114.8 KB · Views: 116
I think I will need the template customizing, but before buying it, I would prefer to make an attempt for learning. Please could you advise some resources where to learn to write the code for template? ... Tutorials, websites...

Thanks

-- Enzo

Thank you very much, the div template is really perfect. Only a question:
When I set the number of columns in default.php, the list shows a record for every columns (e.g.: if I set 4 columns, then 4 records are shown in the first "row"). Would it be possible to have a column for every element (by using the div template style)? I like the div template style, but it is showing the elements only in 1 column (that is an element per row). Would it be possible for example to arrange 2 elements per row?

Thanks

-- Enzo

Thanks for the link. I have added the following code in different positions (into default_row.php):
Code:
$this->_row->data->country___region //replace 'tablename___elementname' with your element's full name
<?php echo $this->_row->data->table-name___element_name;?>
but it is always returning:
Notice: Undefined property:stdClass::$table in ...........
Notice: Use of undefined costant name___element_name - assumed 'name___element_name' in ........

I think to know the meaning about listid and formid, but not sure about rowid and itemid.
I don't undestand the meaning of [cursor], [total], [slug] and [___pk_val]
Are they needed in order to let "know" to the template the position (such as row 3 and column 2) for example of 'table1___element1'?

Thanks

Enzo

As I said ...

We can't do template customizing as part of subscription support.

... which includes trying to teach you how to do it. Customizing templates requires a working knowledge of PHP, and some basic knowledge of how Fabrik templates work. If you don't have that knowledge, it's difficult for us to help.

That said ...

Code:
<?php echo $this->_row->data->country___region; ?>

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back