Lists - Group by and Collapsing.

jo-ka

Hello. Using Joomla 2.5.22 and Fabrik 3.1rc2, i'm founding 3 problems in lists:

- When i try to use Group by and Start Collapsed, when i see the list the results are collapsed but when you click on the Group Name the records are not shown and stay collapsed.

- One of the Form elements is an Image, with this configuration:
Image: ref_reports/print.png
Show media in list: Yes
Link: ref_reports/tc.php?id={fab_referee_supervision___id}

If the the records are not grouped in the list everytinhg is showing correctly, this is, the image is displayed and when you click on it the link is displayed.

If the the records are grouped in the list, the image is not displayed and the link comes like this:

124" target="_blank"> image

124 is the record id, then it looks that it's how it's displayed, and the it comes the image, but with no link.

- How can i remove the counting of records in Group display? For example, grouping by year and i have 10 records: 2014 (10) - I want to remove (10) from the display.

Any clues?

Grouping:
It's working on my site.
You should update from GitHub (joomla3 branch, because you are running Fabrik3.1 which "usually" is for J!3+).
As always backup before.

Image:? (maybe ok after update)

Group counting:
create a custom template (copy the one you are using), edit default.php
In the recent GitHub default/default.php it's line 78
$this->groupHeading = $this->grouptemplates[$groupedby] . ' ( ' . count($group) . ' )';

Dear troester.
Just updated from Github and the behavior is exactly the same...

The question of group counting is not tested yet because it makes no sense while first both are not solved.

Any help please?

Did you clear Joomla and browser cache after updating?

As I've said it's working on my site with Joomla templates beez5 and protostar, Fabrik list templates default and bluesky, in FF and Chrome.
J!2.5.22, Fabrik3.1+lastet Git (joomla3)

Can you try if grouping collapse... is working if your Report element is set to "show in list" = no, or disabled?
There seems to be a mismatch in HTML which is breaking the link and may break the grouping, too.

Can you try if grouping collapse... is working if your Report element is set to "show in list" = no, or disabled?
There seems to be a mismatch in HTML which is breaking the link and may break the grouping, too.

Nothing... Same behavior!
Also i've disabled the element and is exactly the same thing! I've no clue!

Help.

Can you try using {fab_referee_supervision___id_raw} in your detail link for the image element, and / or disable the link for testing? I suspect that the {fab_referee_supervision___id} (without _raw) has some HTML formatting applied to it, which is breaking both the link, and the grouping.

-- hugh

Can you try using {fab_referee_supervision___id_raw} in your detail link for the image element, and / or disable the link for testing? I suspect that the {fab_referee_supervision___id} (without _raw) has some HTML formatting applied to it, which is breaking both the link, and the grouping.

-- hugh

Dear cheesegrits!

One step ahead. With this solution the problem with the broken link with grouping is solved. Good! Thank you.

But i still have the problem with the collapse/uncollapse options. It still doesn't work. Damn! Even with a different template.

Any other suggestion?

Back