Loading time list of records is very long.

dominguezmel

Hello guys! I need help, I´ve reading the forum looking for possible solutions and I feel like I´ve hit a wall. It takes more than 1 minute to load a list of about 1800 rows approximately.

List has several database joins and I think there´s the problem. I have tried different suggestions I read in the forum but no luck at all. Any suggestion to improve this part? Because the rest is working perfectly.

Sorry for my english. Thanks in advance.

about 1800 rows approximately.
Are you really displaying 1800 records at once? Usually a list display is paginated.

Make sure your databasejoins are using id[reocmmended] as value or that at least the column selected as value is indexed in the database (if you don't use the id=primary key column you may have to add an INDEX manually).

Try with "add DISTINCT" = NO in list [Advanced] settings

Hello Troester,

Thanks for your fast reply... Let me explain better, NOT displaying 1800 records at once, it is paginated. But what I meant is that it is all the records in the database.

My databasejoins are using id[reocmmended] as value .... This part is OK.

And this part I have seen in other post and dont know how to do it. My skills and language not helping much:

... or that at least the column selected as value is indexed in the database (if you don't use the id=primary key column you may have to add an INDEX manually).

Try with "add DISTINCT" = NO in list [Advanced] settings. This part is also OK.

If you would like to take a look at what I mean, the administrator access to the website is on my profile.

Thanks again.

Check the the columns used as "Value" (in dbjoin elements) or "id" (in cascading dropdown elements) directly in your database with e.g. phpMyAdmin if the indexes exist.
Do you have list joins and/or repeat groups?
Do you have calc elements (with the default setting "Calc on save only"=no)? Calculations are run for each list row in this case.
Did you set elements to "Always render" in element [List view settings]?

I Checked the the columns used as "Value" (in dbjoin elements) directly in the database if the indexes exist. And I created them manually since they did not. There were other columns as index, is it ok or should there be only one index (Id)?

I do have two list joins and/or repeat groups.

Do NOT have calc elements (with the default setting "Calc on save only"=no)? Calculations are run for each list row in this case.

I did NOT set elements to "Always render" in element [List view settings]?

But still the same. I see no improvements, but is dissapointing to see how in phpAmin everything loads so fast.

I await comments. Thanks.

Does it load as slow in the backend, or faster there?
Do you have a link to the list in the frontend?

You can enable Joomla's "Debug System" to get some runtime informations.

With required filtering a Fabrik list should show immediately, but it isn't. Also the form is loading slowly.
You site is pretty slow in general.
Try if it's better with all other extensions disabled.

Hello Troester. I have enabled Joomla's "Debug System" to show runtime informations. I get different errors including duplicate queries. I keep looking and cant find the solution, like you said: "With required filtering a Fabrik list should show immediately, but it isn't. Also the form is loading slowly. You site is pretty slow in general." ..... and I totally agree, other sites I have used Fabrik on don´t have this kind of problems.

What other extensions do you mean when you ask to try if it's better with all other extensions disabled.???

Any info that leads on how to solve this will be VERYYY appreciated.

Then I may be a server issue.
Memory, CPU, external database server with slow connection...??

Just some ideas...
1) If you have joins, then remove a join at a time to see if that makes a difference. If it does, then the issue is with the joined table.
2) If you have no joins, then I would disable an element at a time to see if that makes a difference. Once you do this, you can focus on that element to see what may be the issue
3) If you have filters on a element that is responsible for the slowness, try removing the filter to see if that improves performance.
4) If you have filters on an element set to 'drop down' and you have that elements 'List View Settings > Filters > Filter Data' set to 'recorded data', this can cause Fabrik to perform queries against the database to get the recorded values. First removing the filter, then closely examining the indexes behind it and the setting related to filters for that element could improve performance. In these cases, you can try changing the filter type to 'field'. If that solves the performance issue, then it was the excess queries on each record to feed the drop-down that may have been responsible.
5) You can also go into PHPmyadmin and check the cardinality of the indexes on an offending field. I've had situation where I have stored a longish string but the index size for that element was much smaller. The string I was storing started with the same substring and the last characters contained the uniqueness. Once I used PHPMyAdmin to increase the size of the index, then the cardinality improved as well as the performance.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back