Login Redirect

emcguire

I am having an issue, I have a form that sends an email notification to certain users, I provided a direct link to edit that form in the email, problem is when users click the link in the email, if they are not already logged in, they are presented with "You are not authorized to view this resource".

Typically when you try to access a menu item with a higher level than public, joomla will present you with a login page then redirect you after you login.

I think because this is going to a direct record its just throwing up the Fabrik access denied message.

Is there a way to set it where instead of that message, it goes to a login page first then redirects? I so far have not found a way to do that.

Thanks for any insight.

I think the way to go is to include the menu item ID (&Itemid=) in the link, providing that the form is only accessible to registered members.
If not, create a menu item (can be in a hidden menu) pointing to your form, set the access of the menu item to "registered" and set the "row id" to "-1" in the Fabrik Forms Options of the menu item.

Thanks. Pretty much worked. What I ended up doing was create the hidden menu item, changed the link to use that as the Itemid and then also had to include the listid in the URL as well. set that menu item to registered and now it goes to the login page first, then redirects after login. I did not have to set the rowid to -1 though, that pulled in the wrong record, I just left it blank and it worked. Thanks for steering me in the right direction!

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back