Moving and upgrading

Status
Not open for further replies.

zebrafilm

I have a J2.5 site with Fabrik 3.08 running. We want to upgrade and move the site.

Steps I did: exported the fabrik tables + the tables created by the lists.

Setup an new J3.1 site, installed Fabrik J3.1, imported the tables in the DB.

Everything shows up but I get a lot of errors and it is not really working....

I can open the list but opening detail view gives: Layout default not found
Opening list - layout to set it manually to bootstrap I get: -Please wait - still loading

First question: should this kind of upgrade work
Second: Any idea what is the issue here?

Txs, Bastiaan

If you are moving fabrik you have to open/resave the fabrik connection (assuming you did copy the #_fabrik_connection table, too).

Layouts: here are massive changes, fabrik3.1 needs a Joomla bootstrap template (e.g. protostar coming with Joomla) and doesn't have all the old Fabrik3.0 template (ie default, bluesky, tabs...), as you have done you must select the new fabrik bootstrap templates.

Thanks for the feedback. As you can see, it is not a connection error. I checked that. Connection works fine.
I am webbuilder so the differences are clear. I have loaded two different bootstrap enabled templates for checks but no help. Also pointed them off the default back to the bootstrap template as far as possible but can't reach all because of the "-Please wait - still loading" issue.
I have also done another round, first upgrading the original site to Fabrik 3.1, then exporting and importing again. Same issues.

I'd have to see the site to get an idea of what the problem might be. Is it one of the sites on your list?

-- hugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back