Multilanguage website

mascia-it

I made ??a multilingual site with Joomla 1.7 in which there is a form that can not render translated into different languages. With the release of Joomla 1.5 I used the component JoomFish but I can not figure out how to do it with this version of Joomla.

Could you help me?

In that case, the easiest way is to create a copy of the list associated to the form you want to translate.
Then edit the element created in this process in your other language and have a menu item in the appropriate language pointing to the new form.
Repeat the opeation if you have more languages.

Thank you for your reply.

I understand that dealing with multilingual forms in Joomla 1.7 is a little hard.

Do you know if there are components that make this work? I saw FAJoomla but I do not like it because it inserts links to the author.

A multilingual site is always more difficult and more time consuming than a single language, but once set up, everything runs pretty smoothly.
Adding a new form based on an existing one is pretty straighforward and gives you the most flexibility for the translation.

I try to use Easy Language. It works fine with different plugins but i have problems with fabrik.
For example, with Easy Language, you just have to replace a label by :
{lang fr}label1{/lang}{lang en}label2{/lang}
This would give label1 in french and label2 in english.
This does'nt work with label elements. {lang fr}label1{/lang}{lang fr}label2{/lang} gives label1label1in french, {lang en}label1{/lang}{lang en}label2{/lang} gives label2label2 in english, but {lang fr}label1{/lang}{lang en}label2{/lang} does'nt work. Any idea ?

I think that the content plugins work in the intro/outro texts of the forms but won't work on the elements labels.
It won't also work on the validations error messages or the tool tips, so the best approach, in my experience, is to have seperate forms for each language.

Thanks jfquestaux.
It's too bad it does'nt work because Easy Language is a very interesting plugin. To have separate forms, one for each language, is not a clean solution for maintenance.
I hope someone will find a solution to this problem.

the fastet solution is GTranslate where automatic google translate what language you want. I like this because you can personalized the translation with backlink.

I think the easiest way to create a multilingual form is to use repeated table join :)
E.g news articles.
table1 is for news id, perhaps some date(time) field etc
table2 has id, some parent_id pointing to table1.id, title, description, etc etc and language field.
You create a list on table1
then create a join in table1 list admin - from table1 to table2, from id to parent_id
and make the join repeatable.
Perhaps you want to create a dropdown element on language field.
OK, when all is done, you can try to enter news articles. You open the newly created form, write title, text and choose language. e.g English
Then you click the button that opens new group with title, description and language fields. You write the same news article for example in French and choose then 'French' in language field.
Then you can create third, ..., n-th language version of news article.
The list data can be filtered by language.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back