Multilingual not support in password validation

gilles.cloutier

In the validation process, message and labels seem to be hardcoded in english.
It is not a big deal, i know, but i cant use it, i dont have time to modify it, sorry.

I discovered fabrik not long ago and i think that toy was made for me, i love it.
Give me some more time to learn it and i will be happy to help, thank you.

No, probably there's no translation in your language (so it's falling back to English).
Have a look in ...plugins\fabrik_element\password\language if there's a folder xx-XX for your language and (if yes) if the file
plugins\fabrik_element\password\language\xx-XX\xx-XX.plg_fabrik_element_password.ini contains the translation (without ; at the beginning of the line)
http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/translations/

<div class="row-fluid">
<div class="control-group fabrikElementContainer plg-field fb_el_fb_users___name fabrikError fabrikDataEmpty error span12">
<label class="fabrikLabel control-label" for="fb_users___name"> First name </label>
<div class="controls">
<div class="fabrikElement">
<input id="fb_users___name" class="input-large form-control fabrikinput inputbox text" type="text" value="" maxlength="255" size="20" name="fb_users___name">
</div>
<div class="fabrikErrorMessage help-inline text-danger">
<i class="icon-exclamation-sign " data-isicon="true"></i>
Please enter your name.
<br>
Please enter your name.
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
<div class="row-fluid">
<div class="row-fluid">
<div class="control-group fabrikElementContainer plg-field fb_el_fb_users___loginname fabrikError fabrikDataEmpty error span12">
<label class="fabrikLabel control-label" for="fb_users___loginname"> Loginname </label>
<div class="controls">
<div class="fabrikElement">
<input id="fb_users___loginname" class="input-large form-control fabrikinput inputbox text" type="text" value="" maxlength="255" size="20" name="fb_users___loginname">
</div>
<div class="fabrikErrorMessage help-inline text-danger">
<i class="icon-exclamation-sign " data-isicon="true"></i>
Please enter a username.
<br>
VALID_AZ09
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>

registration.jpg

On the same subject, i found it interesting to show you the validation screen of the registration.
As you see, the validation process send 2 messages separated by <br>
I pasted the code for the name and the loginname.
The validation echoes twice; Please enter your name and it adds VALID_AZ09 in the loginname validation.

The original post revealed that the validation fall down in english uk hardcoded and this post reveals
2 messages and one with a message and a varname.

The translation files do not contain any lines for these messages, those messages are hardcoded.

Since there are some improvement to do in those plugins in english, could we expect to get some
improvement in the translations too? Of course yes, i'm sure but when is the real question...
Thank you

It's surely not hardcoded, but there can't be translations if they don't exist in the language files (translations are community work, feel free to add).
See e.g. in plugins\fabrik_element\password\language\de-DE\de-DE.plg_fabrik_element_password.ini for how to do it.

upload_2016-6-30_17-59-6.png

BTW: your screenshot doesn't look like if you are running a compatible Bootstrap Joomla template.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back