diego_godina

Hi everyone!

I started study about the new version of joomla and fabrik, most of my knowlogged I took from this book (https://www.dionysopoulos.me/book.html), by the way, I am not finish my read yet.

So, the problem is that my "personal" plugins created to fabrik 3.9 are in a older version of mvc structure but they are still working. So, I really need to update the structure of the plugins now?

My second point, when the fabrik 5 will release will have this new structure or not? Also, when this day come I will be obliged to update my plugins?

Thanks for help!

You do not need to upgrade them at this point. They will still work. if they are standalone plugins then feel free to update them.

As for F5, it is in its early days. A significant amount of work was done by Henk, but since he passed away, little has been done as @troester and I have been busy on a number of other things.

What we are working on right now is getting the Fabrik site and forums updated to J4. We are reasonably close but as everyone well knows the J3 to J4 upgrade is not a one-click process. We are also moving the site to a VPS system so we have more control over the OS and such, and can implement stricter security measures than we can on a shared system. This move has made a big dent into our available cash resources so we really appreciate all the donations we have received, and hopefully more to come.

We are also looking for some development resources. Sounds like you have experience with plugins and Nicholas's book. Care to jump in?

Okay, so I will wait to update my plugins for now, thanks!

About the help to join to the group I am very interested, but I need to know more about it. How works? How jump in? There is requirements to jump in?

I apreciate the acknowloedgement!

Yes, you understood correctly. Below is the notice we had posted at the top of the forum for a few weeks:

With great sorrow we must report the passing of Henk Van Klinken. He passed away peacefully with a smile on his face on December 13, 2023 while surrounded by his family of 3 sons and his partner. He had been battling cancer for most of the last year and was ready to go.

Henk initiated the migration of Fabrik 3 to Fabrik 4 and inspired others to also take up the task. During his last 6 months he spent considerable effort rewriting Fabrik from scratch to conform to the newer Joomla model and methods. His work was far from done and we hope to continue it and see its completion.

Although we never met Henk in person, we did converse through email, Skype and Zoom, and we considered him a friend. He will be missed.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back