New List on Existing table doesn't create all the fields...

nickbunyan

I am trying to use Fabrik to display a view of an existing DB table. As it happens this is a CB profile table, with 40 fields.

When I create a new Fabrik list using 'Existing DB table...' it creates 34 fields only and ignores the other 6. I can see no reason why Fabrik should barf over the final 6 fields.

I have tried reordering the fields within the Table manually through SQL but it still appears to 'select' the same 34 elements.

I am at a complete loss so any advice would be much appreciated.

FYI - the table being referred to does actually contain 40 elements when viewed through HeidiSQL.

I assume those fields have a different column type (e.g. float).
It seems Fabrik takes only fields with column types defined in Fabrik Options.

But you can add them manually:
add an element, exactly the same NAME as in the database, choose appropriate plugin and settings (e.g. if DB column is float choose plugin "field" with Formatting/Format "decimal")

Hi troester. Thanks for the feedback. Sadly, although I can add additional fields by hand as you say - it is NOT the field type that is causing the problem. In the screenshot below, the
clip1.jpg
fields efamember and efastatus get created, but the fields rfamember and rfastatus do not. They are clearly the same field types so there is a bug in there somewhere, or something else is going wrong.

I also have a couple of very large tables to work with and creating fields by hand is time-wasting at the very least. Any additional suggestions welcomed...

clip1.jpg

The MEDIUMTEXT element can not be the problem because there is one earlier in the list which is exactly the same and gets created ok... but I will take a look at the other thread for info.
I also tried re-arranging the element order using SQL within the original table, and it still seemed to barf at 34 elements... Will try and test more later.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Staff online

Members online

Back