Old issue back? - Multiple Filters not working in J3.4.4 and Fabrik

bggann

I found this old thread that talks about how the "AND/OR" setting on menu pre-filter impacted how list filters are applied in a list - and I'm seeing that in current fabrik
http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.ph...rking-in-j3-4-4-and-fabrik.42237/#post-213749

Specifically- I have several elements that are list filters.
If I access the list from the back end or using a menu with no pre-filter, then the filtering on the elements is treated as "AND".
For instance if I select
"Dispatch Center" COGJC and also a Date range 8/1/2021 - 8/31/2021 it works.

But if I access with a menu with a "pre-filter" set to OR on another list field (State), then when I filter on the list, the filters are treated as "or" so, in the case above I get "COGCJ" OR "8/1/2021-8/31/2021"

If I change the OR on the menu pre-filter to AND, then it works.

This needs to either be documented or decoupled I guess. It seems strange that there is no way to specify logic in list filter elements - seem like that may be something we want.

If this behaviour is as expected, I'll update the wiki.
-Bob

Confirmed, but only in case of "Overridden by menu/modules"=YES, recommended is NO. (Tooltip: If set to yes then the list prefilters are replaced by menu/module filters. If set to no then the menu/module prefilters are applied on top of the list prefilters. Although this option defaults to yes (for backwards compatibility) we recommend setting it to no)

I assume it's a bug.
The first OR/AND setting in menu prefilter is ignored for the prefilter itself; the menu prefilter is always added with an AND to an existing list prefilter (if "Overridden..."=no) and it should not affect the element filters.
It seems strange that there is no way to specify logic in list filter elements
You can do this in "Advanced search"

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back