Page timeout when trying to filter list with 100+ records

draelius

I have an event registration application. I have a list setup to show all requests for all events that have come through the app. When I try to filter that list for specific events, it alway times out for events that have 100+ requests.

I have big selects set to yes, so I'm not sure if this is a Fabrik issue or an issue with my server. Anyone else experience this issue? Any recommendation for an optimal Timeout setting at the server level (Apache)?

Hi
So the list shows correctly first, but then times out when you try to filter it? (Ok I just looked at your site and I see that is the case as you have the list set to ask for a filter first before rendering)

I took the liberty of looking at the list's elements. If I unpublish the cascading dropdown 'Executive' then the list loads.
So then looking at the element I see its using a concat label which does 2 queries to build the full name:

Code:
(SELECT first_name FROM fab_executives WHERE fab_executives.id = {thistable}.executive_id)," ",(SELECT last_name FROM fab_executives WHERE fab_executives.id = {thistable}.executive_id)

I'm not really sure what the specific issue with the concat was, but I replaced it with a single query:

Code:
(SELECT CONCAT(first_name, ' ', last_name) FROM fab_executives WHERE fab_executives.id = {thistable}.executive_id)

And the list is loading ok now

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back