Passing variables from a Form into an article

Hi I am using joomla 2.5 with fabrik 3.x.

I have a form with 2 dates elements (initial date and final date).

I install the plugging directPHP, what i want to do is after submit a form (that it is not recording into the database) it redirect me into an article. I want to display the elements value into this article. I found a post were it has the strings for Joomla 1.0 and 1.5:

Joomla 1.5
$my_variable = JRequest::getVar('my_variable');
Joomla 1.0
$my_variable = mosGetParam($_REQUEST, 'my_variable');

but off course non of them works for 2.5

If this doesnt work because I notice that the values are not pass through the URL can anyone sugest me an alternative?
Basically the idea of this two date elements is to filter a table, that is why I dont want to record anything into the form after submit.

Thanks

I am a little confused because once you say you want to redirect to an article and once you say you want to filter a table. So what do you want to do exactly?

In any case, that would imply using the redirect plugin:

1. if you want to filter a table, you set "Use as search data" on Yes and "Jump page" to the url of the list you want to filter
  2. if you want to point to an article and use the data in this article, set "Append jump url with data" on "Yes" and in the article use a plugin like Sourcerer to insert a little PHP script to pull the data from the url and display/treat it as you need.

Thanks

Thank you so much.
Yes I was already redirecting but I was stuck with passing the variables to URL. (I cant believe I was so blind)
Also Thanks for recommend me the "sourcerer" I am using direct PHP and it is working beautiful.

Thanks again
I am a little confused because once you say you want to redirect to an article and once you say you want to filter a table. So what do you want to do exactly?

In any case, that would imply using the redirect plugin:

1. if you want to filter a table, you set "Use as search data" on Yes and "Jump page" to the url of the list you want to filter
  2. if you want to point to an article and use the data in this article, set "Append jump url with data" on "Yes" and in the article use a plugin like Sourcerer to insert a little PHP script to pull the data from the url and display/treat it as you need.

I would like to ask again about the redirect, it doesnt seems it is working properly
basically
I add the pluggin
Append jump url with data
I add the article URL (for each when the radio or dropdown is yes and for the no)
and add the condition:
$invoice = '{a_event___invoice}';
return $invoice=='0';
I also tried
$invoice = {a_event___invoice};
return $invoice==0;
or
return $a_event___invoice==0;
or
return $a_event___invoice=='0';
any ideas please????

Try debugging with var_dump:
var_dump($invoice);exit;
return $invoice=='0';

I got the follwing message
string(20) "
No
"
so i thought change this will redirect but it doesnt
return $invoice=='No';

Thanks

Try debugging with var_dump:
var_dump($invoice);exit;
return $invoice=='0';

'No' seems to be formatted (e.g. <li>No...).
I assume
$invoice = '{a_event___invoice_raw}';
return $invoice=='0';

will do (if not you can debug again).

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back