Paypal / Hideshow / email details? Questions

jvalal

Hello,
I have a few requests/questions for the developers of Fabrik.

1. How can we have someone register and when the click submit have the registration calculate a dollar amount and send them to paypal for payment? and ideally at the end of payment send them back.

2. After the user submits a form I want them to have the form details either displayed on a thank you page or sent to them in an email. Phil-a-form has this ability and it is really helpful for customers.

3. Also would like to have various elements show hide based off of a form show up based on a previous selection.

Please advise.

Jason

Hi Jason,

#1 you could try setting the forms jump page to the paypal processor page, as long as the elements were named correctly i guess this would work, updating on returning would not currently be possible though

#2 You can do this (but not at the same time as sending to paypal). The form's receipt feature and thanks message should do the trick (in the thanks message you access the variables with the syntax {elementname}

#3 In the element javascript tab:

Element.toggle($('elementid'));

where 'elementid' is in the format:

'mf_el_TABLENAME___ELEMENTNAME', e.g.
'mf_el_jos_frk_template_requests___email'

Regards,
-Graylan King

Ok, I think I have 1 and 2, but I am not a dev so I am going to have trouble with 3 and that is probably the 2nd most important for me. Is there a tutorial on this?

2. Or will you be creating a templated form that will easily do this?

I will be interested in seeing what out-of the box forms you will be making available to members.

Thanks
jason

Hi Jason,
What you are asking for does require some knowlege of JavaScript.

So, in order to lend some general assistance to members who want to be able to do this, yet lack the required JS knowledge base, we are planning to add a generic demo form or tutorial. This should happen fairly soon, possibly over the upcoming weekend or sometime next week. I will keep you posted as to the status of this effort.

In the meantime, if this is an emergency you can put in a request for customisation quote at:
http://fabrikar.com/index.php?option=com_fabrik&Itemid=6

Best regards,
-Graylan King

It isn't an emergency request, yet. I wanted to eliminate creating two forms, one in phil-a-form and then one in fabrik. I would like to utilize and learn Fabrik of PAF because I see it offering me more flexibility to create applications for clients. However as you already know, I am not a dev and look for things to be as user friendly as possible. So I will play it by ear and look forward to more tutorials and out of the box forms that you refer to on your members pages.

Thanks

I was curious as well how to pass the form fields and price to PayPal. I tried the CURL script and jump page options but couldn't make either work. I think I would be willing to pay something for this integration. On a tight budget...but this would be SOOOO helpful.

Thanks,
Daniel

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back