PDF templates directory

carlos_k

Hi,

I am following the Wiki article about PDF output (http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/pdf-output/) to make a custom template for a form.

The wiki says:

To create a custom template, copy the templates folder and rename it. Template locations are as follows:
  • Joomla 3+: Form: components/com_fabrik/views/form/tmpl/
  • Joomla 3+: Details: components/com_fabrik/views/details/tmpl/
  • Joomla 3+: List: components/com_fabrik/views/list/tmpl/
I copied and renamed the standard template subdirectory (components/com_fabrik/views/form/tmpl/bootstrap) to a new directory named boot_pdf, then went to the form's properties /Layout and my new template is not available for selection.

If I copy it to de details subdirectory (components/com_fabrik/views/details/tmpl/) then I can select it and it works ok.

Is this a normal behaviour and Wiki should be edited or it should be corrected in code?

Thanks!

That is interesting. I created a template (I'm using Fabrik 3.8), and uploaded it to the "forms" and "details" folders (components/com_fabrik/views/details/tmpl/) and the folder did not show up in either folder, when I look under "layout\" tab in the Forms.

Is there a procedure to activate the folders?

The list of "template locations" may be a bit missleading in case of PDF.
These are the locations used for form, details, list templates.

But the PDF is always using the details (readonly) view (so you can use a "form" template as starting point for your modifications but you have to copy it to the /details folder).

@nrsmoll:
Any folder (even if empty) is showing up in the "Layout" tab (list and form) in the template dropdowns automatically.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back