Placeholder in fileupload-path

wezetel

Scenario: simple list with a dropdown field (category) and a fileupload element (picture). When using non-ajax uploads it is possible to use element placeholders in the fileupload-path.

In J3/F3 I used the raw value of the category to be included in the path.
In J5/F4 the raw value doesn't work, instead the placeholder as such is used.

Further investigation:
In J3/F3 even if using the non-raw-placeholder the raw value is included in the path.
In J5/F4 only if using the non-raw placeholder the placeholder works, but includes the raw value (same as in J3/F3)

Summary:
Only raw values of the dropdown are included in the filepath.
For J5/F4 the raw placeholder doesn't work

I concur. And I'll add to this, if that's OK.

In J3/F3 you could even use element placeholders in the fileupload directory path WITH Ajax uploads IF you switched on the "Use WiP" option. That worked and still works in a J3/F3 test site I have.
This functionality stopped working in J4/F4, even the very earliest versions.

So in J3/F3, having images/{tablename___element_name} in the fileupload directory path, correctly created a folder named "whatever the element name was" and saved the images there.
In J4/F4 (and J5/F4), this creates a folder actually called "{tablename___element_name}".
(Using a placeholder such as {date} still works though.)

This was a really useful feature for uploading images, so if there's any chance...?

In J4/F4 (and J5/F4), this creates a folder actually called "{tablename___element_name}"
I can't confim this statement. If I use "{tablename___element_name}" the folder is created, but with the raw value of the element.
Only if I use "{tablename___element_name_raw}" I get a folder "tablename___element_name_raw".
Maybe this difference in behaviour is depending on the type of the element we are referring to. In my case the element was a dropdown element.

Regarding Ajax: never tested :)

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back