Possible issue with slimbox

Hi Jfquestiaux,

First off, please update your Joomla version to 2.5.6, from 2.5.3. It will not affect any of your pages at all.

Second, if you haven't already, update to today's github and re-update the plugins, if it is a plugin causing the issue.

Third, is it possible to post a link to your site that has this error? So we can view it with Firebug and possibly debug from there?

Thanks!

sounds like a JQuery conflict. Do you have a plugin that is using that but not setting it to no-conflict mode?

I noticed this on a site I was working on yesterday, and it definitely seemed to be a jQuery conflict issue, caused by a 3rd party extension they were running.

If you do run across the problem on any of your sites, le us know, we'll fix it.

Note that as of J! 3.x, when jQuery starts shipping with Joomla as well as Mootools, I'll update our slimbox library to the "official" slimbox2 version, which is a super light weight (4k) implementation, which is actively maintained.

Until then, we'll stick with the Mootools based one we currently run.

-- hugh

I'd prefer to use the one shipped with bootstrap which is JQuery also - even less js then! :)

That's cool. I just want to move away from the one we currently ship, which isn't really being maintained any more, to something smaller, tighter and better maintained.

-- hugh

Does this mean that, untill Joomla 3 (and fabrik 4?) it is better to use mediabox instead of slimbox? Can you use any of them indefferently (I confess I don't know the difference between the two)?

In the site I saw this issue on, it wasn't the slimbox from Fabrik which was causing the issue, it was another component including a different version, which conflicted with the one we ship.

But yes, if you did have any issues with slimbox, you could elect to use mediabox instead. The two are very different in implementation.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back