[Probably Bug] Joined Lists is inserted duplicate row.

Chill

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not.

I have 2 tables A and B.
In table B, there is a FK to refer to A.

I used INNER JOIN to get data from A just for displayed as an additional information.
When I updated a record in B, a record in A that joined to the record in B is duplicated and insert in to A.
Both rows are identical except their id.

This is a bug or I missed something?
Any answer would be appreciated. :D

Can you post some screenshots of your settings (in which list did you add the join, going from where to where)?
Is the record really added twice in the DB table?

Or is it only displaying the joined records
A - B1
A - B2
In this case set "Display mode" = merge rows in the list's join settings
This will give you
A - B1
...- B2

There are sensitive data, so I couldn't post the setting or data.
I have do many things with my project. Maybe some settings are conflicting accidentally.

I have tried to recreate this issue with clean data, but I'm unable to.
If I have a right steps to recreate this issue, I'll add it to this post again.

Thank you very much.:)

The attachment is the duplicated data in the main table.
The 1st record is an original data.
The 2nd record is a duplicated one created before I post this thread. You will see that its date is the same as the 1st record.
The 3rd record is another duplicated one created before I post this reply. Its date still be the same as the 2 above.

Attachments

• table1.PNG
    table1.PNG
    4.1 KB · Views: 215
Hi,

this is the definition of Inner Join from an example in w3school:
The INNER JOIN keyword selects all rows from both tables as long as there is a match between the columns. If there are rows in the "Customers" table that do not have matches in "Orders", these customers will NOT be listed.

This means that when you add a line on the first table, system will create e record also in the second, instead of looking for a correspondance.

I think you should use a left join to show info.

Hi,

this is the definition of Inner Join from an example in w3school:
The INNER JOIN keyword selects all rows from both tables as long as there is a match between the columns. If there are rows in the "Customers" table that do not have matches in "Orders", these customers will NOT be listed.

This means that when you add a line on the first table, system will create e record also in the second, instead of looking for a correspondance.

I think you should use a left join to show info.

My problem is that the data duplicated when UPDATING data.

Can you post some screenshots of your settings (in which list did you add the join, going from where to where)?
One "leg" of a Fabrik join has to be the id (PK) element of a list/table, it must be published, writable

My problem is that the data duplicated when UPDATING data.

Hi,

can you check please if issue happens also when you just open and save a record, without updating anything?

I noticed there's a strange behaviour of Fabrik I don't understand, yet: when you tie the first table to TWO tables via left joins, Fabrik makes a new empty row in the last table every time you save the form, regardless you updated something or not.

Another question: when this issue happens, the main table gets tied to the previous or to the new record of the joined table? Have you tried, however with a left join? It works also in a one-to-one relationship just updating joining filed automatically inside the form without using a dropdown of something like.

As felixkat and me have asked:
can you show a screenshot of you join settings?
Which element types are used?
Do you have multiple joins?
Do you have additional dbjoin or cascading drop down elements in your list?

For now, I'm recreating my whole work again. If I found this error again, I will report you with more accurate information :)

In the past work, I did many things for testing my designs, so I created and deleted many times.
Sometimes, I hacked to the database to do something such as reordering elements via query.
I think this maybe the root cause of this error, so I never do it this time.:(

Hi,

can you check please if issue happens also when you just open and save a record, without updating anything?

I noticed there's a strange behaviour of Fabrik I don't understand, yet: when you tie the first table to TWO tables via left joins, Fabrik makes a new empty row in the last table every time you save the form, regardless you updated something or not.

Another question: when this issue happens, the main table gets tied to the previous or to the new record of the joined table? Have you tried, however with a left join? It works also in a one-to-one relationship just updating joining filed automatically inside the form without using a dropdown of something like.
Hi,
Did you fix the problem of creating a blank data in the join table? I have a similar problem and dont know how to fix it. I have deleted everything and recreate things as well - but this does not work at all!

Back