Problem with the webpage visualization, when adding Javascript events

enzo2016

Hello,
I am using Google Chrome and I have created an element including 34 Javascript rules. When I try adding a new Javascript event, Goggle Chrome returns the message that a problem occurred during the webpage visualization. This problem happens only for this element with 34 javascript events.
How can I solve it?

Thanks in advance.

Enzo

What is the exact message?

And are you talking about if you try and add a new JS event to the element once you reach 34? Or when you render the form that has that element on it?

My best suggestion is that you look at rewriting your events in a custom JS file, rather than using the built in events. You are definitely pushing the envelope on the built in JS events. I've never really tried running more than a dozen or so. So we've never really tested having so many, and the design of how those events work wasn't really built with that many in mind.

-- hugh

Thanks so much for the answer.

I haven?t found the exact text of the error in English language, but it is something like: ?A problem has occurred during the webpage visualization?.

The browser manages well 34 events (already saved) either in front end and in backend (so when I render the form that has that element on it, everything works ok). The problem is for the creation of the 35th event or when trying to add the 36th one (the 35th was never saved successfully):

most of the times this message (A problem has occurred during the webpage visualization?) happens after clicking the Add button (for a new event), but it seldom occurs while I try to save the event, so the event is not saved and the they are always 34 events.

About the js file creation I have found this link http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.ph...script-code-to-hide-or-show-an-element.30911/

Please could you confirm that all of the lines are necessary to let work the hide / show elements? If yes, how can I hide / show the groups?

Do you know a different link with a different explanation for the writing of js code about the events hide / show?

Thanks,

Enzo

Yeah, I think that's a limitation out of our control. Are you running any kind of application firewall, like Admin Tools, which might limit the POST data size?

You can get element values, and hide and show elements and groups, with ...

Code:
var form = Fabrik.getBlock('form_X');  // replace X with your numeric ID
var v = form.formElements.get('yourtable___element').getValue();  // replace element name as appropriate

if (v === '123') {
   form.formElements.get('yourtable___element_to_hide').hide();
   form.formElements.get('yourtable___element_to_show').show();
   jQuery('#groupX').hide();  // replace X and Y with numeric group id's
  jQuery('#groupY').show();
}

-- hugh

Hugh thanks so much for the code. It is very precious for me.

About the firewall, yes I have it, but I think it should not be the cause because I have made an attempt by disabling it.

Thanks again for the code. It is very important for me.

Enzo

Hello,
the code above (you posted on 16th May) works perfectly for the click action. When I try to use the attached code for the load action, the groups aren't hidden after loading the webpage. How can I hide them after loading the page (by using the js code)?

Thanks,

Enzo

Attachments

• javascript for load action.doc
    21.5 KB · Views: 89
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back