Same form J! user create for signin and signup

vipzeus

I have a form where 2 fields are:

1. Enter your email
2. Create or enter your password.

How i can obtain this function?

If user is new, then Juser plugin create user as well but if user is already registered with the same form i need the login.

Is it possible?

Hi

if I understand correctly you want the form to:

1) If the user is NOT signed in - create the user
2) If the user IS signed in - sign in.

THis is hard to do with one form.
The simplest thing would probably be to have a form with the standard Juser plugin to deal with 1.
On this form I'd add a PHP plugin to check if the user is logged in when the form loads, and if so redirect to the standard Joomla login page.

Autologin is required to go forward with the form.

i think can do this with call php on before form submit where functions are:
1. if email existing then i need the correct password for login. if password is rong, then error message "email exist or check your password again".

2. if email not existing, create the new user with autologin. At the same time registration email send to user with login data ( email + pass).

One stumbling block here is that we have issues with the autologin feature on the juser plugin in 3.x / J! 2.5. I've been working on it for a while without success yet.

-- hugh

at the same signin-signup form i integrate a script from oneall socials as custom html module and autologin work properly when existing user or new user click a social button. i ll do a stupid question...
Did you try to delay the autologin after users form submit?

I've made some progress. The login is now succeeding, i.e. the $app->login() call we make at the end of form processing during submission succesfully authorizes, but for some reason is not "sticking" in the session, so when the redirect page loads, the user is not logged in.

Still working on.

-- hugh

I've made some progress. The login is now succeeding, i.e. the $app->login() call we make at the end of form processing during submission succesfully authorizes, but for some reason is not "sticking" in the session, so when the redirect page loads, the user is not logged in.

Still working on.

-- hugh

Still chipping away at it. it's part of my testing whenever I work on the juser code, still can't work out wtf is happening.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back