Search Form not filtering data

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data Crafter

I have created a search form - following the fabrik tutorial on this topic. When I select a value from the search form, it does redirect me to the correct list but this list isn't filtered by the search criteria at all.

You can see the site I'm working on here: knotty pictures com (Not posted as a link because the forum rejected it as a link. This is just a sandbox domain where I'm putting together an initial web site for the Houston JUG). To see what I'm experiencing, select Directory/Search Directory by Category from the menu. Pick Application Development as the category - and you'll see the unfiltered result.

I followed all the steps of the tutorial: creating the search form, copying the search element over, and then defining the redirect plug-in in the search form. For the jump page URL, I first used the process shown in the tutorial, copying the link url from the list in the back-end.

That obviously wasn't right - as that redirects to a page on the backend. Finally, I used the url which displays the list on the front-end. That redirection works fine but no search filtering occurs.

I have Append jump URL with data set to NO - and Use as search criteria set to YES.

What am I doing incorrectly? Should I be using something else for the Jump URL? Do I need an extra plug in?
I can see in a forum search that others have had difficulty following that tutorial and getting it to work as shown. Would be grateful for your help on this one.

hello
I set up a test case locally and indeed this appears to be a bug, your set up sounds correct to me, there shouldn't be anything else you need to do. As long as the search form field names are the same as the fields you wish to filter on in the list view it *should* work.

I've had a go at fixing this one with this commit
https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik/commit/05c0029dff841c48770718e089a33f39b9ec911a
You can either update via git, or grab the zip from the project home page and just replace the file

plugins/fabrik_form/redirect/redirect.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back