Set default / restricted viewlevel for new entry

Hi there,

I was wondering if there's a built-in way to restrict the viewlevels accessible for a new entry? Or, how we could potentially set the default viewlevel if not able to do the restriction?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers.

How can you define a new entry - by date, setting a flag?
You may set a list prefilter on this attribute, applied to the accesslevel you need.

Hey there troester,

Thanks for the response and question!

A new entry is a new form entry for whatever the elements are for a list. So if we have a list for "sales", let's say?we may have to enter in the salesperson, month, and sale amount. This would be recorded as a record or entry in the list table. This is what I was referring to.

In this actual use case, we need to enter a "person". One of the pieces of data for that person is their access level, as when we enter them, they have to be created as a user. However, I'm not sure how to restrict the access levels that can be chosen (we do not want people choosing "super user", only the two that can be set for these people), or user group (same scenario, don't want them choosing registered, but instead, whatever the one or two user groups are for this type of user).

Anyway, I wanted to see if there was a way to restrict or set a default for the user group or access level of a new user when adding them to the database.

Does this help clarify?

Thanks again!

Cheers

Ok, I think I got your question.
1. A Joomla user has only user group(s) assigned, no access levels (the groups then are assigned to access levels)
2. There's a Fabrik form plugin "juser" to create and handle Joomla users via a Fabrik form.
In this plugin you can define a default user group (Options tab) or a form element containing the group you want to assign to your user.
You may create a dropdown or radiobutton element containing the two possible groups and use this element.

Hi troester,

Awesome, I guess I missed the meaning behind the fields portion in the juser. I'll try that out and see how it works.

That said, I was wondering if you or cheesegrits had any input on whether or not this would then also work with importing everything via CSV (we're going to want to use the listcsv plugin to create / update users). We have around 68k records to upload and update about once per month... Thoughts? This is obviously another layer, but I wanted to work out the manual adding first :)

Thanks much!

Cheers

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back